+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yates recalled

For Feck sake let him go & get on with his life he's not good enough for us.

I still stand by he isn’t good enough for us in L1/championship, I’m guessing that he hasn’t been recalled to sit on bench so something must be in pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I still stand by he isn’t good enough for us in L1/championship, I’m guessing that he hasn’t been recalled to sit on bench so something must be in pipeline
    Vassell to Salford perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    That could happen (money talks) but I’m going to stick my neck out and say ‘not one of our strikers is going anywhere’

Think Vas could be on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    If that were to be the reason for Yates coming back,it would send a massive negative out to all fans.No player should be leaving,we made a huge profit last year and to sell a striker scoring goals as he is, would be disastrous.I don't believe,however, that is the plan.I think we are wisely putting pressure on Swindon to place a decent offer to sign him and take him back.

We are playing 2 up front and have 3 strikers. Unless we have another option lined up, why would we not recall Yates. We need at least 4 strikers to have cover, and to freshen things up towards the end of games.

Until recently Yates was playing out wide and scroring goals, so he can cover for the wings if needed.

[I think we are wisely putting pressure on Swindon to place a decent offer to sign him and take him back.[/QUOTE]

if this isn't the reason, it's something we should be pushing. Force their hand. They have lost their main striker, and no chance Bradford will sell Doyle back to them, a promotion rival. If they lose Jerry too they need to sign at least one striker. So sign Jerry. Why should we do them a favour and let them keep him and then they can sign him for nothing at the end of the season. Pressure them into making a bid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    If that were to be the reason for Yates coming back,it would send a massive negative out to all fans.No player should be leaving,we made a huge profit last year and to sell a striker scoring goals as he is, would be disastrous.I don't believe,however, that is the plan.I think we are wisely putting pressure on Swindon to place a decent offer to sign him and take him back.
    I think you could be right Bill although it may not be Swindon who are having pressure put on them. Obviously Swindon would like to keep Yates but any striker who is scoring regularly is bound to attract attention from a number of clubs.
    I will be amazed and very disappointed if any of our other strikers are allowed to go in January but I think a move for Yates would be in his and the club's best interests.

I bet Yates is gutted. Swindon Town even more so, but that's what can happen when relying on loan players as we know only too well. Parent clubs well within their rights to bring their players back as Bradford and now we have done, leaving them with nowt up front.

I don't think Swindon could afford to buy Yates anyway. A young striker who can score goals and fit into a certain style and system (obv not ours) must be worth £400k even in lower league terms.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast