+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yates recalled

Swindon flying high so they have to ask themselves do they want promotion & back up their ambition.
    Not too disimilar to our own situation.
    I can't see any fee being more than £200k myself. Needs to be a good sell on clause cos he might turn out to be the next Jamie vardy

Swindon have also lost Eoin Doyle back to Bradford so their strike force is in tatters.

Some people are saying that he's not good enough for us but it is possible that he has improved since being at Swindon.
    It a league below but he's had an extended run of league games.
    PW obviously thinks he's good enough and I'll trust his judgement

I think it's a positive move to bring him back, his only runs in the team here have generally been up front on his own as a target man (which he isn't). He's never had much of a chance here in a formation that suits him in my opinion. He's more likely to get that chance if he plays now.

You can bet that if he wasn't already our player, we'd probably all be saying 'we should try and sign that Yates from Swindon' based on his performances this season. He's been excellent for them by all accounts, albeit in a league below.

Good call top of the league going for promotion.

It's not about Yates it's about us getting promotion

This is from the horse's mouth.. vassell has a groin strain will be out for one or two games so jerry has been recalled..... rotherham also have option to extend Jerry's contract for a another season in the summer .. so he cant walk for free at the end of the season ..and he couldnt walk for free anyway due to his age .... and Derby county have been watching him.

Yates can play on the left also. Clarke can be loaned out. Hastie sure he can't be loaned out anywhere else, not required at Rangers so in limbo with us. Win win situation bringing Yates back. Crowd liked Lamy last Saturday, keep him involved could be a game changer for us.

If injury news is true, Vassell won't be moving out either , because no club other than us would buy a player that they know is injured. Hope Vassell makes a quick recovery though. Hastie looked like a world-beater when we first got him. Don't know what has gone wrong but hopefully we can get him back on form again soon
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-01-2020 at 03:52 PM.

If he does get in side ahead of Ladapo then what’s that saying?
    Yates just won’t be good enough in championships unless we’re planning on staying in L1 to which I still don’t see him getting starting games for 90 mins.

Feel for the lad

Simply cannot see Yates getting in front of Ladapo, if this happened and I was Freddie I'd be slapping a transfer request in!

Might be true about Vassell let's wait and see. If it is then Smith and Ladapo to start but Freddie needs to apply himself like Vassell has been and putting some ground work in.

Think it's all a tester myself in order to get Swindon to buy Yates. He's our player and we can do what we want if it means recalling him. Jerry is paid by RUFC and not Swindon, he's got to realise that. I do hope though for his sake, he gets some playing time and not dealt with a s.hitty hand like last time.
    Last edited by Brin; 22-01-2020 at 04:09 PM.

I'm not a massive fan of Ladapo. He's got no pace only way you can play him it's as a goal poacher. Yates at his age he could be as someone says on here as daft as it sounds the next Jamie Vardy. No way can Ladapo play in the championship. Give Yates a chance. See what he can do.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast