+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toni borevkovic and ben whiteman

Toni borevkovic and ben whiteman

Latest names linked with the club,again both will require fees and that's something we dont have currently.
    I am thinking that unless we are 100 percent serious about a play off push maybe it would be for the best if we left the squad as it is.
    We have some players around the first team picture like Rankin Costello,who would be more beneficial to be in and around the first team,rather than pushed back down the pecking order.

I feel much the same, Robin.
    The only worry I have is what would happen if we got two centre-backs injured at the same time.
    I wonder if there are recall clauses for Wharton, Magloire and Platt.
    Also, does anyone know how close Grayson is to recovery?

I know we are interested in this young Croatian centre half who plays in Portugal.
    This would require a fee. But if Jack O'Connell does move to Spurs I can see Lenihan going to Sheff Utd. This would trigger us to go get this lad

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I know we are interested in this young Croatian centre half who plays in Portugal.
    This would require a fee. But if Jack O'Connell does move to Spurs I can see Lenihan going to Sheff Utd. This would trigger us to go get this lad
    Sheff utd signed that defender from forest.. does that not affect a potential move for Leni?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Sheff utd signed that defender from forest.. does that not affect a potential move for Leni?
    He's more for the future the Forest lad. O'Connell plays every game. They will need a player who can play now.

Again it depends on price and we know their manager will offer peanuts.
    Anything less than 10 million in today's market,should be rejected.
    A talented defender nurtured through our academy should come at a cost and not given away.

Lenny would cost between £5-7m realistically.

I think that is selling him short.
    He has years to improve and is showing more maturity in his performances.
    10 million or go elsewhere would be my answer.

What did Burnley pay for Ben Gibson? 12m?

Lenihan is worth similar.

Interesting stuff.
    I must admit, I expected a signing.
    I've been away from all noise for four days. No phones, no internet; not even much electricity!
    Very quiet walking in beautiful weather - up on the Coromandel Peninsula.
    But back in time to watch the QPR game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)