+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 50yrs Kop Choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish miller View Post
    Men of millmoor onto Glory pass the ball to big Jim Storrie he will pass to Graham Legget who will score the goal..... Stevie wonder Downsy Quinny wears the crownie...... Captain a tiler ,Jim Furnell ,Swifty Hague and Bentley, Davey Watson is for England and the boss is Tommy Docherty ...men of millmoor on to glory ....Millers to the Top !!!!!!
    Brilliant !

Any budding lyricists who can match present day names to Fairytale of New York ?
    Last edited by BramleyMiller58; 22-01-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Couple more we penned around that time...... I was born under the railway end ..... To the tune of Wandering Star , We're the millers to the tune of Lulu's I'm a Tiger..... And my fave, singing in the stands for united to the tune of Lucy in the sky with Diamonds...

Couple more we penned around that time...... I was born under the railway end ..... To the tune of Wandering Star , We're the millers to the tune of Lulu's I'm a Tiger..... And my fave, singing in the stands for united to the tune of Lucy in the sky with Diamonds...
    Remember I Was Born ...........
    Rest of the words would be deemed as politically uncorrect nowadays (Boots, hitting etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Molly Malone & we’ve travelled far & wide.
    We've been to Merseyside
    But there's only one place we want to be ..............

Unbelievable that it was 50 years ago... and I've still got the "Kop choir winners" pennant from the club shop

We've travelled far and wide
    We've been to Merseyside (actually I hadn't at the time )
    But there is only one place we want to be
    And that is Masbro' Street
    Where we can stamp our feet...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 23-01-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Were these yours CM?...

To the Liver Birds tune: "If you're standing on a corner and you're wearing blue and white, Rotherham fans will come and get you cos they're looking for a fight"

and

"Walking down Millmoor Lane swinging a chain, a copper (or sometimes "a Wednesday fan") came up to me and asked me my name, so I..... etc. "

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Were these yours CM?...

To the Liver Birds tune: "If you're standing on a corner and you're wearing blue and white, Rotherham fans will come and get you cos they're looking for a fight"

and

"Walking down Millmoor Lane swinging a chain, a copper (or sometimes "a Wednesday fan") came up to me and asked me my name, so I..... etc. "
    Not guilty on those ,! But could rattle on all day ............. My fave of all time though is the Rotherham boys we are here !!!!!!!! Don't make em like this nowadays.

Wow didn't realise it was that long ago , The draw was indeed at TC Harrison's, drawn by Tommy Doc himself , and yours truly was the last name drawn,the prize was a trip to the San Siro to watch the European cup final Celtic v Feyernood.........still have a pic of the gang that went....
    Men of Millmoor was thought up by myself, Arthur Hoyland and Tosh, who also all went to Milan..... Such memories ....
    Bet you were on the bus with me Cornish...just one question "does he wear a glove" ? U.T.M.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Unbelievable that it was 50 years ago... and I've still got the "Kop choir winners" pennant from the club shop

We've travelled far and wide
    We've been to Merseyside (actually I hadn't at the time )
    But there is only one place we want to be
    And that is Masbro' Street
    Where we can stamp our feet...
    and all the Barnsley fans lay dead at our feet....la la la la la

A few years ago i was sorting things out in my loft ready for some new insulation and came across the match ticket from Celtic v Feyonoord final 1970...went on the Celtic fans forum to tell them the story, apparently there was no programmes printed for that game so the tickets became collectors items, in a nutshell i was offered £90 from a Celtic fan and gladly accepted. BINGO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast