+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 50yrs Kop Choir.

Kop Choir

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  21.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish miller View Post
    Wallsall ,wow!remember trying to get to the Saddlers supporters club all the way from Bournmouth, and searching the New Forest for a lost engagement ring on route........ Midnight kick off with imaginary ball on the Walsall pitch.
    Keep em coming Cornish, wonder what ever happened to Eric n Eileen asked a few people over years, they just vanished off face of earth. al try to send you the photo of us at T.C.H.

Maybe he went back to Coventry ,or perhaps still looking for that ring in new forest ! JIMMY MULLEN on the wing remember that single we cut at Manchester train station? Still got my San Siro match ticket somewhere signed by a few of the Feyernood players we met at the airport, including the goal scorer Isreal........ Good luck to the millers at posh today ..... Should have our own reunion some time ......pick a match down south and will make a special effort to meet up , bring Sticky along if he's still about !

Brilliant thread and I love hearing all the stories. As far as the draw for the trip to the San Siro or to win a car, well, I never knew owt about them at the time. I was just happy to be among the packed Tivoli End and just sing along with the rest of the fans.
    p.s. how was the draw conducted, did you get a ticket to put in a bucket or summat?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    p.s. how was the draw conducted, did you get a ticket to put in a bucket or summat?
    Don't know exactly how the draw was done, but you had to be over 18 years old and registered to take part in the competition right at the start. I was too young

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish miller View Post
    Maybe he went back to Coventry ,or perhaps still looking for that ring in new forest ! JIMMY MULLEN on the wing remember that single we cut at Manchester train station? Still got my San Siro match ticket somewhere signed by a few of the Feyernood players we met at the airport, including the goal scorer Isreal........ Good luck to the millers at posh today ..... Should have our own reunion some time ......pick a match down south and will make a special effort to meet up , bring Sticky along if he's still about !
    We will deffo do that, lets exchange mobile No's so we can keep in touch, How did you get photo on here, you know how thick we are from Rowmish.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Brilliant thread and I love hearing all the stories. As far as the draw for the trip to the San Siro or to win a car, well, I never knew owt about them at the time. I was just happy to be among the packed Tivoli End and just sing along with the rest of the fans.
    Nez, we travelled all over country together on a coach (not rileys) always the same gang for years late 60s early 70s, the bloke that organised it sent all our names in, presumably to the BBC, 90% of us from that coach got drawn out but dont know how many names were in hat originally. going to try to put photo on here the night we were at the draw at T.C.Harrisons. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Nez, we travelled all over country together on a coach (not rileys) always the same gang for years late 60s early 70s, the bloke that organised it sent all our names in, presumably to the BBC, 90% of us from that coach got drawn out but dont know how many names were in hat originally. going to try to put photo on here the night we were at the draw at T.C.Harrisons. UTM
    Spot on Archie, think the application was in The Football league Review,remember that supplement you use to get in the programme,you know the one used to rip it to shreds to throw as confetti when the mighty Quinn started,
    Couldn't believe I managed to get that pic on here,just went to Reply with Quote ,then pressed the icon 2nd or third from right,it then asks you to download from URL just scroll down to your pic and bingo !

Thanks for posting the photo - never seen that before

Here's a link to a previous thread on the topic that also has a photo posted on Page 2

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38218023

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast