+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 50yrs Kop Choir.

I would say about then Mike miller

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Jocks:

The Football League Review was a magazine produced between 1965 and 1975 and uniquely was given away free inside match programmes during that period. ...

I remember it but don't know if we always had it in our prog.

Very rare i bought progs in them days and still dont, only the ones i think are important ie...last game at Millmoor and first game at NYS, but has far as im aware football league review was free in every prog in country(not mid-week games). I once read a feature about Pursehouses in league review it said every transfer deal they did at RUFC they donated a % to charity, think it was heart foundation......think a lot of people would find that surprising. U.T.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish miller View Post
    Archie ......07919163219 ring any time ....... Don't givE a **** bout anyone on here knowing my number cos we are all 100 per cent Millers ! Look forward to hearing from you !
    you never did give a sh*t, remember that time on Ponty end. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Very rare i bought progs in them days and still dont, only the ones i think are important ie...last game at Millmoor and first game at NYS, but has far as im aware football league review was free in every prog in country(not mid-week games). I once read a feature about Pursehouses in league review it said every transfer deal they did at RUFC they donated a % to charity, think it was heart foundation......think a lot of people would find that surprising. U.T.M.
    In those days typical football programmes, even those of the big clubs, were fairly thin on material, so the FL Review gave you some coverage of the game in general and did have some articles on lower division clubs occasionally. I quite liked it at the time. Obviously being the mouthpiece of the Football League, it was never critical of that institution, or the England team/set up or the top of the football hierarchy in general

Another thing i can remember about the competition which would not have pleased many people at the time ie those Millers fans who didnt get drawn out, some Barnsley fans were on the trip (4 or 6) no joke, we wernt very pleased at time... apparently a cock-up with who should have been representing RUFC supporters at the final on BBC. Think there was 6 teams in final can remember Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolves, Newport. Co. and US, but cant remember the other one. Still greives me to this day that Barnsley fans were allowed to go on the trip. UTFM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456