+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utd

Very well done Burnley, two great wins.

From a Blades fan

Cheers Wardy,both much needed as well. All the best to you lads,a great seaon so far for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I've been watching the Clarets since 1962 and I have to say that tonight was one of the best performances I have seen from my team.

The only down side was that I was with the home supporters

Everyone will have known you were a Claret as you will have been the only fan in the home ends when the Final whistle went

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    Everyone will have known you were a Claret as you will have been the only fan in the home ends when the Final whistle went
    Haha!

Yes, the place was almost empty at the end - and a chorus of boos rang out at the end from the few that were left.
    I went with my Man Utd supporting brother in law, and HE wanted to leave 10 minutes from the end, but I refused of course!

Last night is up there for me as one of the best nights ever watching the Clarets. I had never seen us win there but many, many times we have been very close.

Man Utd are still fifth but we are only 4 points behind them - how quickly fortunes can change in footy.

I'm proud as punch this morning - now for Arsenal - they owe us big time after the last few years!

Yes absence makes the heart grow fonder , with being a smaller club these little successes mean much more to us and it's alway's an added bonus to say I was there UTC

Even the Moss Man could not deny us!

in came another 3 points....though easier made than I expected, as S.D said, Pope had little to do. United were useless at our end, with good chances made, but inexplicably fluffed - meaning, the game was ours for the taking, and when their defence allows our top striker a free run and then spectate while we freely pass the ball before our second....then they got what they deserved. S.D alluded to the possibility of them being a team in transition - their Fans say, its Woodward, the Glazers or Solskjaer...I think, as we at Burnley know, if you neglect the basics - then its one way, to rock bottom, but still, "unbeleivable" how a team such as them, structured as they are, with the quality of Players that they have - could fail to perform on that most rudimentary of levels - but hey.....iGood for us they did !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

in came another 3 points....though easier made than I expected, as S.D said, Pope had little to do. United were useless at our end, with good chances made, but inexplicably fluffed - meaning, the game was ours for the taking, and when their defence allows our top striker a free run and then spectate while we freely pass the ball before our second....then they got what they deserved. S.D alluded to the possibility of them being a team in transition - their Fans say, its Woodward, the Glazers or Solskjaer...I think, as we at Burnley know, if you neglect the basics - then its one way, to rock bottom, but still, "unbeleivable" how a team such as them, structured as they are, with the quality of Players that they have - could fail to perform on that most rudimentary of levels - but hey.....iGood for us they did !

They played as well as we allowed them to Norder.

They had been undefeated at home in the league since September when Palace got an injury time winner.

We were brilliant, I can only assume that you didn't watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    They played as well as we allowed them to Norder.
    They had been undefeated at home in the league since September when Palace got an injury time winner.
    We were brilliant, I can only assume that you didn't watch the game?
    forget me - now, was S.D at the game, 59" ?......justt that, he also questioned their level of performance, lack of quality finishing and possible reasons for it - as do the majority of their supporters, one of which I know Very well and who so far....has been uneasy all season....but lets ignore all that, and take a pill to planet 59.... Well, thanks for the offer, but....i'll have to refuse, though you carry on, thats fine by me.

you never fail to amuse, i'll give you that.

Evening Norder!

The fact remains that I have still to read a positive post from you on the Clarets after any game - win lose or draw.

You have obviously not seen last night's match. If you had then perhaps you WOULD say something good about my team.

Whenever we win you always say that the opposition was poor and never admit that we played well.

Fair enough, whatever floats yer boat, but please don't infer to anyone who has seen us play in the last couple of games that we won because the others were rubbish. That excuse has worn very thin by now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)