+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice and B T

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What I read into that BT is a four letter word, F-A-K-E.
    Do you mean like photo shopped or misinterpreted sinkov? My overriding question is why are the IDF armed to the teeth when walking about in "Israel"?

This one is interesting Balan, "Palestine" not "Israel" in the 1650's.

Sorry I can't zoom in on it for this post.

Attachment 14982

Ancient map of Palestine, 1650,

It reads on the top of the map PALESTINA STUE TERRA SANCTA DESCRITO, which shows us a connection to the Roman Catholic Church. But the first Islamization of Jerusalem followed the Islamic Conquest of Jerusalem by Umar ibn Al-Khattāb in 638 CE. The second Islamization followed the fall of Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem, followed by Ayybiud rule in the late 12th century, followed by dominant Islamic culture through the Mamluk and early Ottoman rule.

Ottoman rule started in 1522, ( this map is in 1650 ) clearly the Roman catholic church had left the Levant, but no harm in printing a map of the Holy Land ( Terra Sancta ).
    Since it was the Romans that changed the name of Judea to Palestina. Then there is no way to deny that despite the Jewish origins of Christianity, from its early days antisemitism was the “original sin” of Roman Catholicism. Catholic authoritarian and antisemitic traditions are all too well known in history, and they plagued many countries, especially in Europe, well into much of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.

Ever since the Catholic Church was established, its leading thinkers – referred to by Christian theology as the Church Fathers – saw it as the “New Jerusalem” and the “New Israel,” and the very foundation of a Jewish state in 1948 bordered on the unthinkable. Such a theology “replaced” the real existing Jewish people with the Church, and, since 1948, it also continued to replace the real existing Jewish state by reference to a “Heavenly Jerusalem.” No wonder the Vatican established diplomatic relations with the state of Israel only in 1993, 45 years after Israel’s Declaration of Independence.

My overriding question is why are the IDF armed to the teeth when walking about in "Israel"?

I can not give you an answer from the I D F . But when you enlist for service ,of course you are given a weapon. The idea is that you keep it with you always ,and should not leave your sight.Now lets say a soldier in the Galilee is stationed in the Negev ,and has to leave his weapon there in his base. But it can happen that terrorists attack a school in his neighbourhood?? He would be completely helpless! In the past that has happened ! So he is there on the spot to confront the problem.

Each rifle has a serial number,if left in a store at the army base, what a mess to sort all of these identical weapons to their owner. You can imagine different problems with this.
    In the states school shootings, like the one those that have taken place Florida, California etc. People were killed, but in Israel its unheard of.

"People were killed, but in Israel its unheard of," unless you happen to be an Arab Muslim and get killed by a IDF sniper's head shot Balan.

Of course here I was saying 'school shootings in the US'. Lets not look to far away.

''Streatham attack: Man shot dead by police after stabbings!
    A man shot dead by police after he attacked people in south London had been recently released from prison after serving time for terror offences. Witnesses reported hearing three gun shots and seeing a man lying on the ground outside a Boots pharmacy, as armed police approached and shouted at those nearby to move back.

Family of man shot dead by Met police criticise inquiry delay
    Priti Patel launches inquiry into Jermaine Baker’s death in north London in 2015. The family of a man shot dead by police have criticised the four years it has taken for the government to announce an inquiry into why an officer opened fire.
    I see it happens in Britain too??

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Do you mean like photo shopped or misinterpreted sinkov? My overriding question is why are the IDF armed to the teeth when walking about in "Israel"?
    I was in Kendal about a year ago BT, just after mid-day, an ordinary day, lots of shoppers about and mums with prams, two policemen strolled past, full robocop mode, cradling sub-machine guns. If it's felt necessary in a sleepy Cumbrian market town, then do you really need to ask why they might feel it necessary in Israel ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 12-02-2020 at 08:49 PM.

From an Amnesty International Press Relase, November 2019.

".... authorities must immediately rein in security forces after at least six protesters were killed today...amid a police operation to clear demonstrations from several bridges and streets... Amnesty International said after interviewing multiple eyewitnesses by phone. Dozens more protesters were injured in the capital, while media reported that up to 12 protesters were also killed in recent days.

Heba Morayef, Amnesty International’s Middle East and North Africa Director, said:

“... yet more bloody days of excessive force meted out against protesters..... authorities must immediately order an end to this relentless, unlawful use of lethal force. There have now been at least 264 protester deaths across the country in little over a month. This is turning into nothing short of a bloodbath – all government promises of reforms or investigations ring hollow while security forces continue to shoot and kill protesters. The government.... has a duty to protect its people’s right to life, as well as to gather and express their views. This bloodbath must stop now, and those responsible for it must be brought to justice.”

Medical workers who witnessed the police operation... told Amnesty International that four protesters had been shot dead with live ammunition and two others died of injuries resulting from tear gas grenades striking their heads. A video purporting to be from the scene showed a tear gas grenade lodged in a man’s skull as he lay lifeless in the back of a vehicle.

Amnesty International has documented at least nine other cases of military-grade tear gas and smoke grenades killing protesters... since 25 October, and has called for an immediate halt to their use in crowd control as they are highly lethal.

One of the medics told Amnesty International that he had witnessed security forces charging.... and throwing tear gas at protesters. He said tents being used by the medics caught fire in the fray, destroying medical equipment worth thousands of dollars.

Another medic described similar destruction of medical equipment when security forces moved in on protesters. He said security forces stormed the tent where injured protesters were being treated and then threw tear gas canisters on the ground inside the tent, which caught fire. Medics had to flee, carrying the wounded and leaving medical equipment behind. The attack also destroyed a tuk-tuk that was being used to ferry injured protesters to ambulances – and which was clearly marked for this purpose.

During this latest wave of protests, Amnesty International documented the excessive, and in dozens of cases, lethal use of force by security forces to disperse protesters, including with tear gas, live ammunition and deadly sniper attacks. The organisation has also documented a relentless campaign of intimidation and assault against activists in....... including enforced disappearances. Amnesty International continues to receive reports of excessive force used to disperse protesters and new cases of arrest and intimidation of protesters."

This is Amnesty International 23rd January 2020,

Death toll exceeds 600 since October with 12 reported killings this week alone
    Verified resumed use of live ammunition and deadly ‘smoker’ grenades to kill protesters
    Ongoing wave of intimidation, arrests and torture"

Shocking, the way the IDF deals with protests isn't it ? But they're just playing at it compared to the Iraqi Security Forces, whose activities Amnesty are reporting on above. According to the UN 134 Palestinians were killed in the whole of last year, which brings forth an absolute torrent of outrage from lefties and the lefty media in the UK. But for the 600 killed and thousands injured in the last 4 months in Iraq, not a peep. Why the discrepancy, why do 134 Palestinian deaths cause such an outcry from lefties, while 600 Iraqi deaths are callously ignored ? Could it be that the 600 dead Muslims in Iraq are killed by Muslims, while the 134 dead Muslims in Gaza are killed by Jews ? I'm searching for any other reason for the difference in lefty response, but I can't think of even one, so Anti-Semitism it is.

''Do you not know? Have you not heard?'' ........whats this do I hear a lefty response?

Hospitals and Schools Are Being Bombed in Syria. (Dec. 31, 2019)
    A U.N. Inquiry Is Limited.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...stigation.html

Russia, a Syrian government ally and a major perpetrator of these attacks, has cast 14 vetoes in the Security Council since the start of the war in Syria, blocking accountability efforts and hindering humanitarian aid deliveries into Syria.

Since April, at least 60 health facilities in northwestern Syria have been damaged in strikes, and at least 29 of them were on the off limits list. But the United Nations, at least so far, is looking at just seven incidents.......whats this do I hear a lefty response?

17 Apr 2015 ... A UN resolution condemning the use of barrel bombs in civilian areas, has failed to stop the Syrian regime using them. .......whats this do I hear a lefty response?

13 Oct 2019 ... The Russian Air Force has repeatedly bombed hospitals in Syria in order to crush the last pockets of resistance to President Bashar al-Assad.
    .......whats this do I hear a lefty response?

23 Dec 2019 ... Turkey-based Humanitarian Relief Foundation says as of Monday 120000 Syrians have fled towards the Turkish border........whats this do I hear a lefty response?

Syria's tiny victims: These harrowing images of children hit by an airstrike as Bashar al-Assad moved to crush rebels reveal the heartbreaking human cost of the Syrian civil war
    Small children in Syria are still at risk from the ongoing civil war. Dictator Bashar al-Assad wants to force rebels out of their last stronghold, regardless of the cost to civilians. Hundreds of thousands of people have fled towards the Turkish border to refugee camps.
    ........whats this do I hear a lefty response?

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)