+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many fans support Ashley?

How many fans support Ashley?

Thread not started with any intention of starting a fight or any sort of trouble.

Just curious; do you get the impression that a lot (or a big part, whatever that is) of the fans that are still going to matches are in support of Ashley and his way of running the club, like Ghost?

Or are they the same that want him out when we've gotten relegated twice the past 11 years?

I completely understand the dilemma of being against Ashley but still wanting to go, so I'm not judging.

This board is predominantly anti-Ashley and I get the feeling that the majority of the fans feel the same way, but is there a big section that are for him?

On here, 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    On here, 1.
    Yes, I mentioned that. The question was more generally about the fans going to the ground every other week.

I think the fans going are the exact sort of fan he wants there.The more vocal have stayed away.
    It's a generation thing now.A lot of younger fans that go for a day out and I dont think they care who owns the club.
    Fans my age tend to see the future of the club at risk with Ashley.The club we once loved.It used to be a passion for me following Newcastle.Its more of just an interest now with him here.

Well, technically, tecchnically, anyone who goes.

But, I'm being facetious because I know what you're getting at, Hughie and I'm certainly not having a go at those who do-up until this season, I was one of those who hated Ashley but continued to go. I was tipped over the edge in the Summer when Allardyce claimed the Club had approached him but I was heading towards my decision anyway.

I'd say, to answer your question properly, that the percentage of people who actually approve of him is very small indeed.

But, there's no doubt that there are those who go who absolutely approve.

Blows my mind that, like.

Very few matchgoers would 'support Ashley' IMO.

Different fan base all together today

I would say the 10k free ticket supporters don’t really care either way

The other 40k support Ashley as they are giving him money every week

All the lads who organised the flags have long gone and I would say they were staunch anti Ashley

The ground is like a morgue now

I don’t go anymore and have no axe to grind with the people who turn up week after week to support Ashley it’s up to them

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post

Just curious; do you get the impression that a lot (or a big part, whatever that is) of the fans that are still going to matches are in support of Ashley and his way of running the club, like Ghost?
    Technically, those who go, support Ashley financially, but I don't think their intention is to support him or the way he runs the club.

As for those who do. I don't know of any, maybe some on here do ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)