+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: L1 play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    what, you'd actually make a game? Plastics like you should be flying o'er her every other weekend for the home games....anybody would think you live far away....
    At least if I showed up, when the National anthem struck up I'd sing the right words. Not mentioning any names but there's one or two on here who would begin with "Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light........."

Carbon footprint doesn't come in to consideration when money is involved.
    FA Cup semis used to be at a neutral venue somewhere between the 2 teams. Look at the European cups last year, yes they are selected in advance but why not have a few grounds shortlisted then selected the nearest, two England clubs playing in Madrid, albeit better than 2 London clubs playing in Baku (which isn't even on the European continent).

You have tennis and F1 flying back and forth, zig zagging across the globe, when they could rearrange the route and reduce the overall impact.

I still believe we should have played Shrewsbury at Pride Park.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    I still believe we should have played Shrewsbury at Pride Park.
    Think both clubs would have taken more fans if it was closer. As well as Pride Park one of the Manchester grounds or possibly Villa would have been more practical.

At some stage the lesser attended games like lower league play offs, typical checkatrade finals, non-league finals etc... will leave Wembley if there isn't a demand to fill the ground, when they can fill it with concerts or NFL games, which ever makes most money will prevail especially if its sold.

Some teams hardly ever get to Wembley though or have never been so I'm sure their fans, players and owners would still want their possibility of a day in the sunshine.

We,ve been spoilt having been there three times in an eight year or so spell.

I know there's apathy in January but on a hot day in May the excitement and apprehension is still something else. We tend to combine the day or weekend with some sightseeing and celebration. It is our capital city after all.
    It helps we,ve been largely successful there though
    Last edited by flourbasher; 25-01-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Let’s be honest here, the only reason it’s played at Wembley is because of money otherwise it would be at other grounds depending on who’s through.
    It’s never going to be about the clubs or fans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123