+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L1 play offs.

L1 play offs.

I was just watching some highlights of the 2011 play off final at Wembley between Swansea and Reading.
    Then I started googling some other play off games.
    Wembley holds about 90k. There was 26k there last time we played. Not even a third full.
    Maybe if Ipswich, Sunderland, Coventry or Portsmouth play each other it would be closer to full.
    But after we win the league Wycombe could be facing oxford.
    They could easily play that game at somewhere like Southampton or Brighton.
    If we played even Sunderland old Trafford would be fine.
    Especially as we are being preached at about our carbon footprints. What’s the point I’m two northern teams travelling to London. I for one couldn’t care less for the place anyway.

I know this has been discussed before but there’s not much else to do while Liverpool are on doing what they are so good at.

I agree, that special Wembley feeling has gone for me.

Probably players will still feel it though especially them that haven’t been

I would imagine the £800m build costs of Wembley means the playoffs will be there for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I would imagine the £800m build costs of Wembley means the playoffs will be there for a long time
    Semi finals pisses me off, shouldn’t be at Wembley
    Surly the non football events rakes money in aswell
    Maybe hey should turn lights off and switch off sockets

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Semi finals pisses me off, shouldn’t be at Wembley
    Surly the non football events rakes money in aswell
    Maybe hey should turn lights off and switch off sockets
    This is again why I can’t take being told my diesel car is killing the planet. Nothing at all is said about northern football fans having to go for the semis and again for the final.

If we get to the finals again we might struggle to even fill NYS let alone Wembley. Die hards like myself would be there of course

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If we get to the finals again we might struggle to even fill NYS let alone Wembley. Die hards like myself would be there of course
    I’d probably do my usual “no I’m not bothering.” Then change my mind when I don’t wanna miss owt.

I've been thinking, and I don't think we've ever been in a situation where we drop out of the automatic spots and into the playoffs late on in a season. Hopefully we're staying in the autos, but it must be a huge psychological blow if that happens. We've often been the team that's just buzzing to be in the playoffs, playing the teams that have just missed out on automatic promotion. And we always win.

I hope it's not our turn to experience it.

The more we go to Wembley, the lesser the appeal. This has shown with a steady decline in support each time we go there except 2014 which I think saw an improvement over 2010. If it happens this season, it could be embarrassing.

I've been saying this for ages pal...
    It's madness having to travel to Wembley not just for us but for any team really...
    If they had us v Coventry at Old Trafford or Annfield or Villa park the atmosphere would be fantastic and I'm sureally wed take alot more..
    Go for an England game if you really are desperate to see a game there.
    As for the Semi final of cup, the competition has lost all its magic for me once they started having semi finals at Wembley...crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    what, you'd actually make a game? Plastics like you should be flying o'er her every other weekend for the home games....anybody would think you live far away....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast