+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L1 play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I was just watching some highlights of the 2011 play off final at Wembley between Swansea and Reading.
    Then I started googling some other play off games.
    Wembley holds about 90k. There was 26k there last time we played. Not even a third full.
    Maybe if Ipswich, Sunderland, Coventry or Portsmouth play each other it would be closer to full.
    But after we win the league Wycombe could be facing oxford.
    They could easily play that game at somewhere like Southampton or Brighton.
    If we played even Sunderland old Trafford would be fine.
    Especially as we are being preached at about our carbon footprints. What’s the point I’m two northern teams travelling to London. I for one couldn’t care less for the place anyway.

I know this has been discussed before but there’s not much else to do while Liverpool are on doing what they are so good at.
    Totally agree, if it were to be like that, why force two northern clubs all that way down south. Wouldn't want it at Villa Park though!

The Play Offs don't allow you to plan the venue in advance to be mucking about with the venues as you don't know the two finalists until a week before the game kicks off .

This season Sunderland could play Ipswich Town and its highly likely you are looking at a capacity crowd .

Then again Wycombe could face yourselves and you'd do well to attract 30k .

Dammed if you do .... damned if you don't .

A play-off final at Wembley is still special,for 2 reasons,firstly it means we`ve made the final,a good thing.
    Secondly,it`s the only chance supporters of teams like Rotherham have to watch their team there,what`s not to like ?

Wembley. = Brilliant day out.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Wembley. = Brilliant day out.
    So are many other grounds and cities. Feck London.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    A play-off final at Wembley is still special,for 2 reasons,firstly it means we`ve made the final,a good thing.
    Secondly,it`s the only chance supporters of teams like Rotherham have to watch their team there,what`s not to like ?

Do you mean all the WOODWORM PLASTICS who never attend all season but come a final, turn up.....don't deserve to go in my opinion.

Totally agree Scum..!!!

If this Coronavirus spreads and is as bad as some fear the season could be over early as large communal gatherings like football matches will be banned.

No sky will ban it

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    what, you'd actually make a game? Plastics like you should be flying o'er her every other weekend for the home games....anybody would think you live far away....
    Lol my mate used to live in Fort Lauderdale and was a Tottenham season ticket holder. Hardly ever missed a game home or away, including European games, for about 15 years. I say used to, because he moved back to Epping about 5 years ago as he was homesick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast