+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Norwich City Match Preview

Burnley v Norwich City Match Preview

The Canaries reward for a 3rd round victory away to Preston is a return trip to Lancashire to play Burnley. They will probably not relish the prospect. Having previously arrived at Turf Moor on the back of a thrilling win over reigning champions Manchester City they were undone in the first 15 minutes by a rapid fire Chris Wood brace. Managed by the very likeable Daniel Farke they have played some really attractive football but have struggled to come to terms with the step up from the Championship. They are stuck on 17 points and seemingly doomed to relegation. Will they rest players for this Cup game? Probably. Their dangerman if he plays is Teemu Pukki. Bizarre fact is that pukki is a slang word in Malaysia for p*ssy. This could be fun if you happen to be watching the match highlights in Kuala Lumpur. Burnley on the back of stirring wins against Leicester and Manchester United in the space of 4 days will be favourites but as they say it ain’t over ‘til the fat canary sings.

It will come down to who wants it more and where the priorities lie.

A Wembley FA Cup Final trip would suit me fine!

Be nice to have a decent cup run for a change.

I like Norwich and their Manager.They don't have the quality for the PL but I do like Cantwell.

I shall take tomorrow as it comes!
    In almost 70 years of following the Clarets I have seen so many performances which could be labelled "After the Lord Mayor's Show" that even my optimistic nature is challenged by what happens tomorrow.
    Needless to say, I shall make the trip down and will be optimistic that we can continue the recent results sequence. I do hope that my trip home will be a pleasant one after another win. Take nothing for granted!

Norwich will be going home with Farke all...

Attachment 14841

whatever the outcome....59" will be delighted - being that i'll not be commenting FAC all - on a game that i've absolutely no interest in.

Can see this being a high scoring entertaining game as both teams will want to concentrate on avoiding the drop. 3-2 ,but not sure who for..

Just wish that clubs would take the FA cup seriously. It was THE cup competition back in the day. Come on Sean, lets give it a go this year...

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyclaret View Post
    Just wish that clubs would take the FA cup seriously. It was THE cup competition back in the day. Come on Sean, lets give it a go this year...
    I bloody hope he takes it seriously, I've already booked the hotel.

I can't say I'm that bothered about the game today, although should we get through another couple of rounds, I will, no doubt be going down with a nasty case of cup fever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)