+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sibbick to Hearts.... move comes closer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,406

    Sibbick to Hearts.... move comes closer

    Barnsley defender Toby Sibbick is set to become Daniel Stendelís second signing as Hearts boss in the next 24 hours.

    The 20-year-old centre half is expected to pen a loan deal until the end of the season after agreeing a switch to Edinburgh.

    Jambos boss Stendel signed Sibbick for the Oakwell club from AFC Wimbledon just six months ago and remains a huge fan of the youngster.

    And he sees the 6ft stopper as an ideal addition to the Tynecastle squad where he can be utilised in central defence or as a holding midfielder.

    Sibbick has made 18 appearances this season and was a regular under Stendel before the German was sacked in October.

    (Image: SNS Group)
    Since then he has fallen down the pecking order with new boss Gerhard Struber.

    His last appearance was as a sub in the 1-1 draw with Reading on December 11 and his last start came on November 23 in a 3-2 defeat to Blackburn.

    Stendel this week made German striker Donis Avdijaj his first signing for Hearts.

    The 23-year-old arrived on a six month deal from Trabzonspor and made his debut in the goalless draw with Ross County on Wednesday night.

    Stendelís clearout of the Jambos squad has seen seven players exit this month while skipper Christophe Berra has been told to find a new club.

    Craig Wighton joined Arbroath on loan. Glenn Whelan has been released while Olly Lee has moved to Gillingham on loan, Aidan Keena has joined Hartlepool United, Kevin Silva has gone Stateside to Toronto FC as has Jake Mulraney with Atlanta United and Rory Currie has joined Linfield on loan.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,333
    Does make you wonder about Daniel's judgment

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,448
    What's happening wi that compo claim we ev against Hearts where Hoss woz determined to get compo because he didn't really sack Stendel ?
    I know we are desperate to shift out last August's recruitment mistakes through loans because no one will buy them but it is strange he is willing to do business with Hearts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,114
    So pleased he’s on his way, need shot of Bambo now? I’ll reserve judgement on Andersen until he’s played alongside Sollbauer to see if having an experienced leader next to him makes any difference?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    312
    If bambo has failed drugs test he will be sacked and contract terminated anyway!

  6. #6
    Not overly concerned at him going out on loan, he's definitely looked out of his depth at this level. My only concern is we seem to be replacing the outgoing players with equally young/inexperienced (at this level) players, bar this new lad of course. Not sure that really makes sense!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,742
    Quote Originally Posted by french_frog01 View Post
    Not overly concerned at him going out on loan, he's definitely looked out of his depth at this level. My only concern is we seem to be replacing the outgoing players with equally young/inexperienced (at this level) players, bar this new lad of course. Not sure that really makes sense!
    Ludewig might be cut from a different cloth talent wise if he's tipped to be the next big thing he might be better next match.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    So pleased he’s on his way, need shot of Bambo now? I’ll reserve judgement on Andersen until he’s played alongside Sollbauer to see if having an experienced leader next to him makes any difference?
    That made me laugh perks Andersen is lg 1 on a good day and I'm being generous with that

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,448
    Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’ll reserve judgement on Andersen until he’s played alongside Sollbauer to see if having an experienced leader next to him makes any difference?
    Remember Diaby, Anderson and Sibbick were praised as super signings when they were signed.
    Sollbauer is being praised as a super signing. Lets see after 10 games.

    I would be happier Perks if it wo sumdi like Kevin Long he wo learning alongside rather than sumdi wi no Championship experience who has coasted along in the Austrian league at the same club for ten years and may well find the pace and power of Championship players too much at nearly 30 years old.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Remember Diaby, Anderson and Sibbick were praised as super signings when they were signed.
    Sollbauer is being praised as a super signing. Lets see after 10 games.

    I would be happier Perks if it wo sumdi like Kevin Long he wo learning alongside rather than sumdi wi no Championship experience who has coasted along in the Austrian league at the same club for ten years and may well find the pace and power of Championship players too much at nearly 30 years old.
    Couldn't agree more with that viewpoint SB. Would be delighted if he proved the difference but I'm not overly confident if I'm honest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •