+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 138 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

I am close to being confused.
    Boris says that he will not interfere with peoples' long term plans for Christmas, following the details given a few weeks ago.
    Starmer says that this is bonkers and that Christmas should be cancelled, however, the Labour Mayor of Manchester is saying that restrictions should be lifted.
    Meanwhile, our local news was talking to people in Consett who are obviously scared stiff and think that everyone should be confined to their house or, at least locked into the town, until the virus goes away.

Life goes on regardless here in Ashington, in spite of my neighbour's wife being tested as positive and she has lots of other health problems, fortunately, her husband has an attitude of mind similar to myself and is getting on with things to help her along.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Boris says that he will not interfere with peoples' long term plans for Christmas, following the details given a few weeks ago.
    Starmer says that this is bonkers and that Christmas should be cancelled, however, the Labour Mayor of Manchester is saying that restrictions should be lifted.
    Meanwhile, our local news was talking to people in Consett who are obviously scared stiff and think that everyone should be confined to their house or, at least locked into the town, until the virus goes away.

Life goes on regardless here in Ashington, in spite of my neighbour's wife being tested as positive and she has lots of other health problems, fortunately, her husband has an attitude of mind similar to myself and is getting on with things to help her along.
    Confusing times Boris will be on TV later to make it all absolutely clear. We have to worry about Nicola, seems we can only meet once over the festive season.

More power to Nicolas elbow

Clinical trials kicked off on Wednesday for an 'old school' coronavirus vaccine being developed and manufactured in Scotland, the fifth jab to be tested in the UK.

The Government has already secured 60 million doses of the Covid-19 shot, which is being developed by French biotech Valneva at its facility in Livingston, West Lothian.

Early phase one trials began today in Bristol and, come the new year, will be expanded to three other National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) testing sites in Birmingham, Newcastle and Southampton.

In total some 150 volunteers will be involved in the phase one and two trials in the UK, which aim to identify whether the vaccine produces a safe and effective immune response. The company hopes that the vaccine will be available by the end of next year, if all goes to plan.

Unlike front runners including the Pfizer-BioNTech jab - which is already being rolled out in the UK and won plaudits for its use of state-of-the-art technology - the team behind the Valneva candidate is betting on a traditional “inactivated” vaccine, of the sort being pursued by China.

Experts say that, while slower to produce, such vaccines should provide broader protection - especially in vulnerable groups - and may be less prone to trigger adverse reactions.

So it’s all clear and unanimous- apart from Nicola

UK's Christmas bubble chaos: Wales slashes Boris's three household limit to two as Sturgeon tells people NOT to stay overnight and orders families to meet for just ONE day- despite PM claiming 'unanimous' backing for his plan for five-day rule relaxation
    Government ministers say up to three households can still mix over Christmas, despite spike in Covid cases
    But people will be warned to think twice before meeting elderly or vulnerable family members for Christmas
    Families will also be warned to stay local amid fears of traffic chaos on roads and trains packed with people
    It comes as Nicola Sturgeon considers different rules for Scotland at Christmas, putting UK-wide rules at risk

The insanity continues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The insanity continues.
    Wales off too now.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

dont be confused sub....there's no need, you know what you experience, see around You, hear from those you know, and their experience...most of us do...those are all the facts you need, it's a cold bug...and like any other, is only dangerous to a small amount of people...those with ongoing health problems and a weak or weakened (drug reliant?) immune system - where a slight infection of any type could be enough to tip the scales....anyway, as has been mentioned much - if the shlit was seriously hitting the fan - we wouldn't need all this incessant fear mongering and pathetic propoganda to tell us so - it would be unquestionably obvious to us all - but it isn't - is it, and the reason why they keep the fear game going, it's simple brainwashing...the repetition of it, sinking in,building the fake reality...and then , comes the promise of freedom, a releasing Jab in the arm...where folk can imagine that they're going to get some incredible ready brek super shield around them....it's hilarous, sick - healthy people with solid immune systems, who in their right mind would feel the need to screw with it?...potentially damaging it - it's irrational, uninformed and highly suspect - as is this whole inflated Convid story - a fiction, a fiddle...the game is rigged, and it isn't real unless you want it to be - unless you believe whats on a screen, on some joke of a graph, or what comes from the mouths of politicians and their cronies and their the big profit big pharma chemical cocktail factories....do people honestly imagine they give a damn, or are they that downtrodden, living a life of uncritical repititious ease, so reliant on government handouts to keep their roof etc....that they just don't care about Truth anymore ?....who knows, but if this shlit is left to run it's course unchecked, big changes cometh, and that's when we'll be social distancing, as far away from its limiting influence as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Wow storm in a teacup then. Headline writers aim to make you read what has been written, it worked very well didnt it.
    You brewed the storm in a tea cup OC, I just pointed out that the Grauniad headline was incoherent drivel, which you now agree it was. In fact I had to reproduce the headline three times for you before the penny dropped. All you had to do was read the OP correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    despite PM claiming 'unanimous' backing for his plan for five-day rule

Families will also be warned to stay local amid fears of traffic chaos on roads and trains packed with people

It comes as Nicola Sturgeon considers different rules for Scotland at Christmas, putting UK-wide rules at risk
    I would imagine there was unanimity at the meeting, but as soon as the little Hitlers get back to their own domains they decide to do their own thing. For one it embarrasses Boris, it also shows they're not going to be told what to do by that English tw@t, and also just because they can.

Not sure why there should be any more traffic chaos than any other Christmas, there won't be any more people travelling than usual and in fact there will surely be less. I've seen two opinion polls which claim only around 30% are in favour of the rules being relaxed, so as no one is being forced to travel at Christmas, the bedwetters, the 70% fearing for their lives, can stay safely at home and let the 30% travel, congregate in relative's houses and take the risk. Unless the bedwetters are hypocrites, and aren't going to have the sort of quiet, isolated Christmas themselves, that they would like to impose on the rest of us, the roads should be remarkably car free.

Nippy can do what she likes up in Scotland, she won't be putting my Christmas at risk.

Boris arbitrarily decided to screw up millions of our Spring/Summer vacation/holiday plans at the drop of a hat, but now allows us all five days holiday from the virus to cluster and gather to enable us to kill each other off over Christmas.

Honestly, I just don't get it. Is this "pandemic" life threatening or what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Boris arbitrarily decided to screw up millions of our Spring/Summer vacation/holiday plans at the drop of a hat, but now allows us all five days holiday from the virus to cluster and gather to enable us to kill each other off over Christmas.

Honestly, I just don't get it. Is this "pandemic" life threatening or what?
    Thank god for Boris BT, at least he still has a tenuous grip on sanity and reality, unlike the massed ranks of the lefty media with their hysterical campaign to get Christmas cancelled. Anyway, as you tuck into your turkey and christmas pudding you can raise a glass and toast me and all the other Tory voters, without us you wouldn't be celebrating Christmas, the Kneeler and the Labour Party tried all they knew to get it cancelled this week.

Vote Labour, Forget Christmas.

Page 138 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)