+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Where in Lembit Opik when you need him....

We may have to live in a police state for a few weeks.

When the restrictions are lifted I reckon we should all meet at Sinkov's for a bit of a knees up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Where in Lembit Opik when you need him....
    Never mind Lembit, where's his pop singing, ex-girlfriend, she was a stunner and no mistake, how on earth did he ever pull her.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    We may have to live in a police state for a few weeks.

When the restrictions are lifted I reckon we should all meet at Sinkov's for a bit of a knees up.
    I'll organise a barby in the back garden for midsummer 59, in the confident expectation that restrictions will still be in force, in which case I'll eat all the sausages on my own.

Make sure they are Cowmans and not some cheap rubbish from China or America

Coronavirus: Former Supreme Court justice warns of 'collective hysteria' over outbreak

Lord Sumption, who served on the UK's highest court until 2018, said people were working themselves "into a lather" over the threat of coronavirus - and should ask themselves "whether the cure may be worse than the disease".
    In an outspoken criticism of the response to the outbreak, Lord Sumption said extreme measures to prevent the spread of the virus risked turning the country into a "police state".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9435981.html

transcript of the whole interview.... .

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

Over reacting - never! Derbyshire Police dying the famous Peak District Blue Lagoon black to deter visitors is perfectly normal and acceptable.

The British "Police State" has arrived guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'll organise a barby in the back garden for midsummer 59, in the confident expectation that restrictions will still be in force, in which case I'll eat all the sausages on my own.
    Never mind bloody sausages. Get your arse down to your nearest wet market. You know the ones. The places with outdoor stalls where you can buy a variety of live (or dead) wild animals.
    From Bats to Snakes, wet markets provide customers with fresh 'exotic' meat. They have narrow lanes and offer extremely low quality of hygiene. Sounds a lot like Clitheroe market?
    Yet 59er is worried about "chlorinated chicken"? It's the "fresh" dead bats that worry me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Over reacting - never! Derbyshire Police dying the famous Peak District Blue Lagoon black to deter visitors is perfectly normal and acceptable.

The British "Police State" has arrived guys.
    As someone sharper than me has pointed out, if anyone had poured dye into that lake a couple of weeks earlier, they would have been arrested and charged with causing criminal damage.

I have just trawled through our neighbour's handbook (he is a DS in the GM Police force) and nowhere does it say it's OK for the bizzies to vandalise and despoil our famous beauty spots.

Page 30 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)