+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 168 of 301 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Why are they comparing the number of cases with those in April when there are at least 45 times more tests being carried out.
    A real exercise in how the use of statistics can be manipulated to support anything which you wish to say.
    Nothing new here because it has always been the case, however, this is all done in order to frighten people --and in 75+% of the population they are succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    1) This is just a month after we've come out of the 'Circuit Breaker', the four week lockdown that was going to bring the virus under control, or so we were told. Just what will it take for the imbeciles running this country to admit one glaring, bleedin obvious fact. Lockdowns don't work.

2) Still not reached 80,000 deaths, this could possibly be regarded as a minor success of sorts, at the start of November, our esteemed poster 59-60, after listening to the forecasts of the Mad Scientists of Sage, was expecting 80,000 deaths to have racked up by the end of last year. We should be thankful for small mercies I suppose.

3) If PHE are correct then we are in serious trouble, it's obvious neither the Government nor the Mad Scientists have a clue how they can bring the virus under control and stop the spread. We're into the third lockdown, we've had two months of Tier Restrictions, mandatory mask wearing and still the virus rampages out of control across the length and breadth of the UK. What's do they do now ?
    “Lockdowns don't work.”
    Yes they do I told you about China
    it’s just many people here don’t do it or keep their distance or wear masks.

“thankful for small mercies”
    So you are accepting the death figures? What do yours say? With cases still rising services and staff exhausted these numbers will rise a lot more.

“What now?”
    Vaccination surely with more public information on lockdown, masks, distancing, hand washing done properly with police enforcement of the former. ... and prayer!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Why are they comparing the number of cases with those in April when there are at least 45 times more tests being carried out.
    A real exercise in how the use of statistics can be manipulated to support anything which you wish to say.
    Nothing new here because it has always been the case, however, this is all done in order to frighten people --and in 75+% of the population they are succeeding.
    Not you - frightening people - as well super. For what purpose is every UK government trying to do that’s Labour in Wales, SNP in Scotland, Tories in Westminster
    The stats quite clearly show different testing levels over time
    Do you not believe the death rates of the pictures from hospitals on the News either.

I have to agree with oc, we need a 3 month enforced lockdown until everyone over 50 has been vaccinated and has developed some immunity. People need saving from their own stupidity (ie. those who do not adhere to the lockdown rules without enforcement).

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A record number of tests were also carried out, just short of 620,000, only the 3rd time the number of tests has gone above 500,000, and 111,000 more than the third highest total ever, which was 509,000. No doubt these tests were targeted at areas such as London were the virus is ripping through the City, I would think this record total of tests carried out and the targeting of areas where the virus is prevalent may have something to do with the increase in 'cases'.

Seek And Ye Shall Find.
    I know that you reference conspiracy theory websites for some of your information, but so far in this pandemic you have told us (including other things)...

Covid is not as dangerous as flu.
    Covid is a hoax.
    Reported covid deaths are not necessarily due to covid and there are far less covid deaths than reported.
    Last spring, and this winter are just ordinary days for the NHS.
    Lockdowns don't work (I assume that this means that we should reopen everything and basically go back to business as usual??)
    There is no second wave.
    The vaccine should be tested much more (for several years??) before it us deemed safe to use.
    Then there is the issue of masks....
    I could go on, but I get your drift.

Now, I have taken a look at the conspiracy websites and note a close correlation to what you are saying.

I know one lad who works with a team who were saying (on social media) that covid is a hoax.
    Then everyone in his team got it, along with his partner. They tried to carry on working but he is now seriously ill.
    He is in his mid thirties.

I pray that you or your wife don't catch it Mon Ami, but the way you are talking, you would be happy for things to return to normal, going for a meal, a drink, footy and entertaining people and delay the vaccine for too long.

It IS a free country, and you can post what you like, but you seem to think that denying clear evidence that the virus is serious makes you look macho. It doesn't.

https://www.nth.nhs.uk/news/respirat...id-19-deniers/

Latest News

then.....after a Little Investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Not you - frightening people - as well super. For what purpose is every UK government trying to do that’s Labour in Wales, SNP in Scotland, Tories in Westminster
    The stats quite clearly show different testing levels over time
    Do you not believe the death rates of the pictures from hospitals on the News either.
    I know what I know, however, I still feel that the figures are being manipulated with the aim of frightening people.

The problem is that, because of the actions of various officials, MPs, celebrities (whatever they are), footballers and people with money who have flouted the advice being given to us plebs, they will not totally succeed with what they are telling us.
    We are getting nearer and nearer to a police state, particularly when you look at what the West Midlands police wish to do.

OC --I do not watch the news, I do not look at pictures from hospitals, I don't need to because I get lots of information on here if I want it.

Now give me the answer to my dilemma. MY son is on RAF Operations in the Middle East until May, my wife and I, in Ashington, are my daughter-in-law's only designated support in any sort of emergency. She is Type 1 diabetic, insulin dependent, and has only one kidney, she doesn't drive and she often has to go for appointments to hospitals 25 miles away from where she lives. To get there she has to go on four different buses and it takes at least 2 hours for a one way trip and this puts her at risk in these strange times.
    She has three appointments coming up at the start of February and I have promised that I will go down to her, 240 miles away, and will take her to the appointments and also make sure that my son's car gets through its MOT which is due.

I will be breaking the law by going down to ensure that she is OK, gets the treatment that she needs and stays as safe as possible.
    Except in extreme emergency, such as me or my wife dying or his wife dying, my son has no chance whatsoever of being repatriated, therefore, he is relying on me to ensure that all is well.
    In normal circumstances, I obey the advice and only go out walking for exercise and go to the supermarket, where there are no checks whatsoever and many people walking around without masks because they have a lanyard exempting them ---this must be one very clever virus if it can differentiate between these people and myself.
    So, if I go, I could face a fine, which would not be paid, hence the next step would be prison which would then mean that my daughter-in-law has no support, my wife would be stuck at home and unable to shop because she does not drive and is not computer savvy --she has no interest ---I could go on but what is the point.

I think I shall ask my local MP for advice, however, he moved into a big house in an expensive area of Northumberland with money which was appropriated --I shall say no more.
    It is a good job that I am not a worrier because I would certainly be a cause for concern in the mental health stakes! Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I know that you reference conspiracy theory websites for some of your information, but so far in this pandemic you have told us (including other things)...

Covid is not as dangerous as flu.
    Covid is a hoax.
    Reported covid deaths are not necessarily due to covid and there are far less covid deaths than reported.
    Last spring, and this winter are just ordinary days for the NHS.
    Lockdowns don't work (I assume that this means that we should reopen everything and basically go back to business as usual??)
    There is no second wave.
    The vaccine should be tested much more (for several years??) before it us deemed safe to use.
    Then there is the issue of masks....
    I could go on, but I get your drift.

Now, I have taken a look at the conspiracy websites and note a close correlation to what you are saying.

I know one lad who works with a team who were saying (on social media) that covid is a hoax.
    Then everyone in his team got it, along with his partner. They tried to carry on working but he is now seriously ill.
    He is in his mid thirties.

I pray that you or your wife don't catch it Mon Ami, but the way you are talking, you would be happy for things to return to normal, going for a meal, a drink, footy and entertaining people and delay the vaccine for too long.

It IS a free country, and you can post what you like, but you seem to think that denying clear evidence that the virus is serious makes you look macho. It doesn't.

https://www.nth.nhs.uk/news/respirat...id-19-deniers/
    No need to resort to lies 59, I thought you were better than that. I won't be wasting my time responding to such drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    “Lockdowns don't work.”
    Yes they do I told you about China
    it’s just many people here don’t do it or keep their distance or wear masks.

“thankful for small mercies”
    So you are accepting the death figures? What do yours say? With cases still rising services and staff exhausted these numbers will rise a lot more.

“What now?”
    Vaccination surely with more public information on lockdown, masks, distancing, hand washing done properly with police enforcement of the former. ... and prayer!
    If lockdowns work, why we on the third one ?
    If lockdowns and masks work, why is the virus ripping through the UK ?
    I don't have any death figures, I accept those supplied by the government. I just occasionally have to correct those. like your good self, who don't seem to understand the difference between the different categories.
    Yes prayer might be the best option OC, because you, the Government and the Mad Scientists of Sage have nothing else to offer.

Wintertime Headlines....from the past decade:

2020 Dire Warnings that London hospitals could be overwhelmed by Covid
    2019 Hospital beds at record low in England as NHS struggles with demand
    2018 NHS intensive care units sending patients elsewhere due to lack of beds
    2017 NHS bosses sound alarm of hospitals running at 99% capacity
    2016 Hospitals in England put operations on hold to free up beds
    2015 Hospital bed occupancy rates hit record high risking care
    2014 Overwhelmed Doctors: Is the NHS facing a winter crisis?
    2013 Hospitals scramble to prevent crisis
    2012 Hospitals full to bursting as bed shortage reaches danger levels

Page 168 of 301 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)