+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Norder, if any health or care worker from Italy, Spain, London or New York read the tripe that you post they wouldn't have a very good opinion of you.

They are slogging their guts out because of this virus, and sometimes having to prioritise who they can save.

It is real and it is probably coming our way in large numbers.

Instead of dissing politicians and health workers advice, just, for once, show a bit of empathy towards those who are trying their damnedest to keep us safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Norder, if any health or care worker from Italy, Spain, London or New York read the tripe that you post they wouldn't have a very good opinion of you.

They are slogging their guts out because of this virus, and sometimes having to prioritise who they can save.
    Instead of dissing politicians and health workers advice, just, for once, show a bit of empathy towards those who are trying their damnedest to keep us safe.
    Wow !

and that Folks - is about as brainless, preposterous , fear based, fear mongering backwash nonsense - you are likely to read !

59"....the vast majority of my posts on this subject - are Fact based statements from medical professionals - what on earth are you seeing / thinking - did you see the last link I posted - from: John P.A. Ioannidis - Departments of Medicine, of Epidemiology and Population Health, of Biomedical Data Science, and of Statistics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA........
    if so - did you even bother to read it...It seems not - why ? are you too blinded to consider any other opinion outside of a mainstream nightmare scenario (mostly media doom merchants btw ) - I've seen and heard from many promoting that Death talk - its as if they'd actually like the worse case to happen - I find it abhorrent, repulsive , and low as a hell burrowing worm !

anyway....here we go again - please take a look 59' - try to see it through, and perhaps have a think about it ?

and if you'd also like a read - try this :

Corona: an epidemic of mass panic

Dr Peter Goetzsche is Professor of Clinical Research Design and Analysis at the University of Copenhagen and founder of the Cochrane Medical Collaboration.

The panic looks like an unfortunate overreaction. We don’t even know if the risk of dying if you get infected with Coronavirus is higher than if you get influenza, or so many other virus infections, and most of those who die are old and suffer from comorbidity, just like for influenza.

"Our main problem is that no one will ever get in trouble for measures that are too draconian. They will only get in trouble if they do too little. So, our politicians and those working with public health do much more than they should do. No such draconian measures were applied during the 2009 influenza pandemic, and they obviously cannot be applied every winter, which is all year round, as it is always winter somewhere. We cannot close down the whole world permanently"

https://www.deadlymedicines.dk/coron...of-mass-panic/

Cheers.

IF this COVID-19 is so dangerous why are our hapless, hopeless government allowing the London Underground to run reduced trains and allow travellers to pack out the trains like sardines?

It's madness. The lack of empirical evidence on this "pandemic" is alarming.

Norder my old mate, I totally agree with you. Media. Panic. Fear. Risk. Stupid, alarming headlines. Example: "23 old people found dead in care home by Spanish army". t seems the carers just sodded off and left them to die. COVID-19 did not kill them. Media. Panic. Fear. Risk did.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

LOCKDOWN? Who are those who are actually trying their damnedest to keep us safe 59er?

This was taken YESTERDAY in London. Something just does not add up - does it?

Attachment 15305

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    LOCKDOWN? Who are those who are actually trying their damnedest to keep us safe 59er?

This was taken YESTERDAY in London. Something just does not add up - does it?

Attachment 15305
    Mrs Outwood is in a vulnerable group BT and in view of the Government advice which has been texted to her I have had little option but to wall myself up with her in Casa Outwood for the duration. We will now be reliant on others doing our food shopping and collecting medicines on our behalf. I do not yet know about follow-up medical appointments which have already been scheduled. If the scientific experts have got this wrong there will be all hell to pay somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Mrs Outwood is in a vulnerable group BT and in view of the Government advice which has been texted to her I have had little option but to wall myself up with her in Casa Outwood for the duration. We will now be reliant on others doing our food shopping and collecting medicines on our behalf. I do not yet know about follow-up medical appointments which have already been scheduled. If the scientific experts have got this wrong there will be all hell to pay somewhere down the line.
    My nephew got the letter this week Outwood, which has put him in the same situation as Mrs Outwood, and like you, his wife is thus under virtual house arrest as well. They live in an apartment in a big city wth no friends or family nearby to help and we are too far away to help. He reckons they are OK for a week or so, but he has no idea yet how they are going to survive the following 11 weeks.

It seems like if certain people were in charge of things, they would ignore the advice of their own medical advisers and it would be business as usual?
    You would put the nations health at risk by paying more attention to a few people who take a different view?
    This reminds me of the climate change debate. There are still climate change deniers but the vast weight of evidence suggests that they are wrong.
    And it's not just the UK Government taking this action. Practically every Government in the world must be party to this (in your view) vast over reaction.

Are you really suggesting that the people of Italy and Spain simply go about their lives as normal? That there is no need to convert the Excel Centre in London to an emergency hospital? That there is no need for the army to get involved etc etc? That there is no need for the extra respirators? If it is just a normal dose of the flu then our health and care workers can manage perfectly well without extra resources, so we should ignore their pleas?

I agree with you on the underground thing though. What is happening there goes totally against Government advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    My nephew got the letter this week Outwood, which has put him in the same situation as Mrs Outwood, and like you, his wife is thus under virtual house arrest as well. They live in an apartment in a big city wth no friends or family nearby to help and we are too far away to help. He reckons they are OK for a week or so, but he has no idea yet how they are going to survive the following 11 weeks.
    I believe the army will be helping out with that sort of thing Sinkov, but it is a hell of a logistical operation.

I'll give you my two pennorth on the debate 59, for what it's worth. The government is acting on the best expert medical and expert scientific advice it can get. There are critics who say they should have gone further and acted earlier, and there are experts who will back this view up, there are other critics who say they are over-reacting and there are experts who will back them up as well. I've told you before why I treat 'expert' advice with the greatest circumspection and the debate around this crisis illustrates why.

Also for what it's worth, and yes I know it's not worth much at all, seems to me this virus is not particularly dangerous to the vast majority of the public, only to those with underlying medical conditions, it may even be less lethal than flu, but whereas a flu epidemic will stretch over the winter months and not unduly tax a health system, this is coming in one big wave and is overwhelming health systems, thus the government is trying to flatten the peak and enable the NHS to cope. Beyond that they don't seem to have much idea what to do, and neither do the experts, who are, as usual, divided on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'll give you my two pennorth on the debate 59, for what it's worth. The government is acting on the best expert medical and expert scientific advice it can get. There are critics who say they should have gone further and acted earlier, and there are experts who will back this view up, there are other critics who say they are over-reacting and there are experts who will back them up as well. I've told you before why I treat 'expert' advice with the greatest circumspection and the debate around this crisis illustrates why.

Also for what it's worth, and yes I know it's not worth much at all, seems to me this virus is not particularly dangerous to the vast majority of the public, only to those with underlying medical conditions, it may even be less lethal than flu, but whereas a flu epidemic will stretch over the winter months and not unduly tax a health system, this is coming in one big wave and is overwhelming health systems, thus the government is trying to flatten the peak and enable the NHS to cope. Beyond that they don't seem to have much idea what to do, and neither do the experts, who are, as usual, divided on the matter.
    Sinkov, I agree with all that!

Perhaps we can put tentative feelers out for a potential coalition?

Page 23 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)