+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    After a bit of serious thought, admittedly not from a former Accrington Grammar School pupil, I suggest having backed our island nation into a corner the best way forward now for Johnson and Hancock’s Half Hour is to end this unnecessary lockdown and allow the proven scientific concept of “herd immunity” to protect the citizens of the United Kingdom.

The after-effects of this visceral lockdown will ultimately prove to be more damaging than allowing everyone to catch the virus in its mildest form. School closures, shutting down our economy with devastating long-term consequences, a hugely detrimental increase in mental illness, child abuse and domestic violence will make a few thousand deaths as a direct result from COVID-19 seem like a walk in the park.

Let’s get back to “normal” now?
    I showed you yesterday BT, what happened to one individual who suggested the same thing. It isn't politically possible to change course now, and it's absolutely nothing to do with Boris or Hancock, no government would dare to go against the scientific and medical advice it is receiving. I thought you lived in Bolton mon ami, but expecting the government to change horses in the middle of this race suggests to me you live in La-La Land.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The problem seems more to do with logistics than a lack of funding, and countries the world over are having similar problems.

And as I mentioned to 59 a few days ago, if all governments had taken the threat of a deadly pandemic as seriously as they take the threat of global warming, and they were told often enough about the potential for one, then we wouldn't be running round like headless chickens playing catch up on PPE, ventilators etc. But no, the eco loons run the show now, in every government, in most political parties, and so the emphasis has been on windmills, electric cars, renewable energy, listening to silly schoolgirls, so when the real threat arrives, they are taken completely by surprise and are now running to catch up. Like I keep saying, we live in a lunatic asylum, and this is the result.
    Hit the nail on the head sinkov, however, all the eco loons will be running around rejoicing with the way things are going because they will consider that this is the way to save the planet.
    If I was a worrier, I would be more concerned about the things which we are not being told rather than what comes to light at the daily press release. We are but mere pawns in the game that those in power are playing ---totally expendable!
    Enjoy the day!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I showed you yesterday BT, what happened to one individual who suggested the same thing. It isn't politically possible to change course now, and it's absolutely nothing to do with Boris or Hancock, no government would dare to go against the scientific and medical advice it is receiving. I thought you lived in Bolton mon ami, but expecting the government to change horses in the middle of this race suggests to me you live in La-La Land.
    The proven scientific concept of "herd immunity" does not come from La-La land sinkov.

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of British entrepreneurs, who have put their life and soul and savings into their enterprises are watching their carefully nurtured businesses dying the death of a thousand cuts and there is absolutely nothing they can do, except hope that our twin nitwits who are running this sh-itfest can see sense.

The proven scientific concept of "herd immunity" does not come from La-La land sinkov.
    Indeed it doesn't BT, I've already said at least twice that I agree with you on it, as does Toby Young, what is from La-La Land is the idea that our government could implement that policy. You know perfectly well that politics is the Art of the Possible, and if they attempted to go down that road they would be destroyed in the media, the government would likely fall, and would then be replaced by one which would go back to lockdown and saving every life possible. It's just not going to happen mon ami, that's the reality, some poor buggers are going to take the hit later on, but Boris and Hancock, this government, or any government you might put in it's place will be unable to do anything about it.

Pragmatism is obviously dead sinkov.

Ineffective flu jab blamed as extra winter deaths hit 40-year high

The number of winter deaths last year the hit highest level in more than 40 years after the failure of last year’s flu jab.

There were an estimated 50,100 excess winter deaths in England and Wales in 2017/18 - the highest recorded since winter 1975/76, figures from the Office for National Statistics show.

The number of excess winter deaths observed in 2017/18 was higher than all years since the 1975/76 winter period, when there were 58,100 extra deaths. The last peak was in 2014/15, when there were 43,850 excess deaths - which was the worst figure since the millennium.

Compared with recent years, excess winter deaths observed in 2017/18 were 45.1 per cent higher than the 2016/17 winter and more than double that seen in 2015/16.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...e-ineffective/

A near neighbour is a Staff Nurse at Bolton Royal Hospital. She says the ICU is full of COVID-19 cases, yet here she was strolling around our neighbourhood with her 14 month old daughter.

Something does not figure?

I read yesterday despite us being in "mortal danger", only 75% of London's ICU capacity is being used which apparently is quite "normal".

China should be sued for $6.5 trillion for coronavirus damages says top UK think tank.

China should be sued under international law for trillions of dollars for its initial cover-up of the coronavirus pandemic which has caused more than 60,000 deaths and trillions of dollars in economic damage, a new report says.
    The report said damages should be for at least the £3.2 ($6.5 trillion) being spent by G7 nations propping up their domestic economies as governments forced their citizens to stay at home so they could try and contain the disease's spread.

Senior Chinese figures, including China's Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian have endorsed speculative and groundless claims that the virus was imported to Wuhan by the United States military, instead of emerging at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, where wild, live animals were traded.
    The report said had China provided accurate information at an early juncture, "the infection would not have left China."

China only reported the disease to the WHO on December 31 and said there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.
    Yet whistleblower medics, including Li Wenliang, were reprimanded for raising the alert. Some were confident the disease was spreading between humans before this date.

Reporting by the South China Morning Post has cited Chinese government documents that identified nearly 200 cases of coronavirus by December 27.

......Well that's good but (here we go again! )
    Anti-Semitism on the rise, Jews blamed for coronavirus.
    In a document prepared by the ministry, malicious conspiracy theories, some contradictory, are being spread blaming Israel and Jews for the spread of the virus in order to thin out the world population and profit from a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    China should be sued for $6.5 trillion for coronavirus damages says top UK think tank.

China should be sued under international law for trillions of dollars for its initial cover-up of the coronavirus pandemic which has caused more than 60,000 deaths and trillions of dollars in economic damage, a new report says.
    The report said damages should be for at least the £3.2 ($6.5 trillion) being spent by G7 nations propping up their domestic economies as governments forced their citizens to stay at home so they could try and contain the disease's spread.

Senior Chinese figures, including China's Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian have endorsed speculative and groundless claims that the virus was imported to Wuhan by the United States military, instead of emerging at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, where wild, live animals were traded.
    The report said had China provided accurate information at an early juncture, "the infection would not have left China."

China only reported the disease to the WHO on December 31 and said there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.
    Yet whistleblower medics, including Li Wenliang, were reprimanded for raising the alert. Some were confident the disease was spreading between humans before this date.

Reporting by the South China Morning Post has cited Chinese government documents that identified nearly 200 cases of coronavirus by December 27.

......Well that's good but (here we go again! )
    Anti-Semitism on the rise, Jews blamed for coronavirus.
    In a document prepared by the ministry, malicious conspiracy theories, some contradictory, are being spread blaming Israel and Jews for the spread of the virus in order to thin out the world population and profit from a vaccination.
    I bloody knew this was your lot's fault Balan.

A near neighbour is a Staff Nurse at Bolton Royal Hospital. She says the ICU is full of COVID-19 cases, yet here she was strolling around our neighbourhood with her 14 month old daughter.

I read yesterday despite us being in "mortal danger", only 75% of London's ICU capacity is being used which apparently is quite "normal".

latest from my insider - the Hospital Kitchen is 50% down on its normal (patient capacity) meals - (cooks are untested) - nurses that get "any" illness (a sniffle) are sent home on 3 months full pay - with office staff working a 2hr day but paid a full days wage.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...h-covid-19.pdf

without absolute proof - indefinite is now definite - war is peace ignorance is strength and freedom is slavery.

Latest News

Last edited by Norder; 05-04-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Page 36 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)