+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 301 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Surely you can't maintain a "lockdown" for other than a short period.People have to go out to shop,services have to be provided.Some other European countries are reported to be getting their people repatriated,how is that happening?

Please continue with your reports and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Oh well, not to worry, it's just bad cold as someone posted !!!!
    you seem to be lingering (unhealthily) on an earlier comment of mine - map.....of which I said - "Cornovirus (crown virus) is "seemingly" something similar to having a bad cold" - I dont see that as an untruth - indeed, have just heard on C4 , from a clinical lecturer at Kings College - that for many it would be no different to having a mild form of influenza.

Human coronaviruses (HCoV) were first identified in the 1960s in the noses of patients with the common cold. Two human coronaviruses are responsible for a large proportion of common colds OC43 and 229E.

thats how its defined - if you disagree - take it up with them....so stop with the snide remarks, they do nothing for you !

Seems to be killing people though Norder?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Seems to be killing people though Norder?
    not doubting that BT - never did.....yes it does, and it is - like the Flu, in the Uk in 2008/9, caused an estimated 13 thousand deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    not doubting that BT - never did.....yes it does, and it is - like the Flu, in the Uk in 2008/9, caused an estimated 13 thousand deaths.

That was just the Manflu Norder.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    That was just the Manflu Norder.

All that I can report is what I am told by the Government Wuhan, Hebei Province : "Stay indoors, wear a face mask at all times". As I think I mentioned before, Hebei Province is "Locked down" , no transport, in or out, no public gatherings, the streets are deserted, hotels and shops closed, even if you manage to leave, flights have been cancelled.....Were the same restrictions employed during the flu outbreaks in the U.K. that Norder wrote about ?

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    even if you manage to leave, flights have been cancelled.....Were the same restrictions employed during the flu outbreaks in the U.K. that Norder wrote about ?

I appreciate the stress you must be feeling Map - but you should know - that I was merely pointing out my understanding of its menace....to us all, regularly, just as I appreciate what yourself and the many Chinese folk must be enduring now.

World Health Organization (WHO), The flu causes up to 5 million cases of severe illness globally and kills up to 650,000 people annually.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that so far this season, there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses for the 2019-2020 season, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths in the U.S. The CDC reports there have been 54 reported flu-related pediatric deaths this season from Influenza B viruses.

and odd that your being told - "flights have been cancelled" ....being Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is showing sheduled flights, arrivals and departures.....?

https://www.wuhan-airport.com/departures.php

Cheers....Stay Well.

Once again I can only tell you what I have been told. I am not flying to Shenzen, I have bought a train ticket. However, speaking with my Chinese friend this morning, via WeChat, she told me that perhaps that will be cancelled due to the virus.
    Also, if you check the link that you provided there are no flights to Shenzen.
    I am not argueing with you....I live here and I am sure that the information given to me by local people is reliable.

The latest update to the Corona Virus: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20200...2172738b4.html

Page 4 of 301 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)