+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dundee's United?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It's also above the glass entrance doors btw
    Yeah I know, I'm never awa fae the place very familiar we Tannadice , trust me , I'm an Arab, sneaked in many a time fae the garden plots , (afore the ET obviously)

So its no a spelling error then ? Mibee a reference to jims statue “ The people of Dundee are united in tribute to this statue” ?
    Except a few twisted funsters of course.

This is a delicate time for the city,its not long to the Guard of Honour Derby when our neighbours are laying on an entertaining evening of events.I just hope the fireworks,confetti and Wagner's serenade are not put in doubt because of a daft sign.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    So its no a spelling error then ? Mibee a reference to jims statue “ The people of Dundee are united in tribute to this statue” ?
    I have a wee feeling it wont be too long before it IS a one club city. It's been close on a couple of occasions but if the Yanks dont get Camperdown off the ground their plane will be. That would leave them with no dosh and playing in an empty stadium they don't own.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, nice one B4, never thought of that. Would be good if true , a wee bit prep etc.

Still no sure the whole of Dundee would unite over that , good point tho

I wouldn't have thought it's anything to do with the statue. Utd have been promoting the saying for weeks via social media. I'm fairly certain it came about after we sold out our Derby allocation but I may be wrong.

The way i'm reading it, it's a dig at them up the road.

Folk may moan it's lacking class, or petty, but so phuck!

Part of being a football fan is wanting to get it right up everybody that isn't us, i've read on various forums from our own fans over the years about how we as a club act in a certain way, have manipulated wee-er clubs when taking their players and sometimes show arrogance towards the opposition and that we should be above that.

The fact some of our support want us to be the nicey, nicey, sweet club everybody wants to like is a pile of steaming ****e.

I want everybody to hate/dislike us, if that's because of how the team play every week, because Butcher snaps players every week, Shankland runs to the opposition fans giving them the finger when scoring, we as fans burst the opposition fans drum or snap their drumsticks, or wee dicks like John Robertson/Ian McCall aren't particularly treated that nicely because they constantly spout ****e about us in the paper/radio or tv, then bring it on.

Love that wullie mon the haters

Yeah, that's where I first noticed it. I cant remember when, but it was recently. I thought it a bit strange TBH, it did catch my eye.

Not too bothered about the banner - whatever it means?? But think when it comes to our glass entrance doors a plain 'Dundee United' would be more appropriate.

The apostrophe has three uses:
    1) to form possessive nouns
    2) to show the omission of letters
    3) to indicate plurals of letters, numbers, and symbols.

We need to know the context meaning of the sign Dundee's United.

It's not 3 above because it would be Dundees' United meaning both Dundees are United when there is only one Dundee United (World Famous).

It could be 1 above, meaning Dundee the City possesses United characteristics. You add the ' and a plural s to the end of a noun.

It could be 2 above meaning Dundee is United or there is only one team in the City.

The latter gets my vote.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)