+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Highlights from today

Highlights from today

Had a great day, good coach ,great seats lower tier 20 rows up. Our Reece loved it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51240264

Soulman.
    It was a great day in most respects, we were 10 rows from the back in the upper tier but a great view even if feeling slightly removed from the players, though the atmosphere created from the Albion fans was great.

However the shepherding out of the ground in a direction completely away from where we wanted to go and then having stop/go signs for the movement of fans down the street was unreal, never seen anything like it in my life. Eventually found our way back to where we needed to be but could have been very confusing for some with the blockades they had in place.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Soulman.
    It was a great day in most respects, we were 10 rows from the back in the upper tier but a great view even if feeling slightly removed from the players, though the atmosphere created from the Albion fans was great.

However the shepherding out of the ground in a direction completely away from where we wanted to go and then having stop/go signs for the movement of fans down the street was unreal, never seen anything like it in my life. Eventually found our way back to where we needed to be but could have been very confusing for some with the blockades they had in place.
    Hi, a father and son missed the coach coming back . The driver waited at least half hour for them. Bit of a walk for me on my crutches. Good day all round , our Reece wants to go to Cardiff now told it's a school night he said he can feel the flu coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi, a father and son missed the coach coming back . The driver waited at least half hour for them. Bit of a walk for me on my crutches. Good day all round , our Reece wants to go to Cardiff now told it's a school night he said he can feel the flu coming on.
    Soulman
    Not sure where the coaches were stationed as we travelled by car but without the knowledge of what would happen afterwards was a bit of a shock i.e. restricted movement. They don't tell you anything about it on their website and frankly I think its **** and the loads of stewards that are all along the route don't seem to care or know how to best advise you. I won't go back there in a rush

Me and a mate were once shepherded out of Filbert Street,Leicester on the opening day of the 87-88 season and made to go in the opposite direction to which we’d come into the ground.

We got totally disoriented and in those days no mobiles etc to help with sat nav.

Ended up walking about 7 miles and finally located the car all on its own in the car park field we’d put it in at 8.00pm at night over three hours after the match ended.

It was a company car so I was c rap ping myself that I wouldn’t find it and that I’d have to tell my gaffer on the Monday!

Three f king hours of traipsing the streets FFS 🤡🤡🤡😤

Then at Wo1ve5 after the 5-1 win being funnelled out through their lot and sent in the opposite direction to where I was parked and spending an hour dodging “hit squads” trying to pick my way around Dingle town trying to get back to my car.

Both times completely unnecessary and actually more dangerous than just allowing an average bloke walk where he wanted to walk!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)