+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Done Deal

Done Deal

Poveda signed till 2024.

Dont know too much about him but we know he has been on the radar this week,

Interesting one, we sell Clark for 11 million and get this kid on a free could well be good business, and wears the number 7 shirt, big one to fill.

Just hope he’s going to make an immediate difference, and not be a bench warmer or ‘one for the future’.
    But good luck to him, I wish him well.

A wait and see kind of signing.

Good luck to the lad..hope he is a huge success.

Hopefully a great signing. Very positive reviews on him from a variety of good sources. Seems to be the type of player Bielsa prefers. Hopefully not too similar to what we already have.

He has had next to zero game time and if he's going to fit with Bielsaball he will need time to get to the level of fitness required. Dont think he will be playing in the 1st team before the end if the month at the earliest. Hope he proves me disastrously wrong, but I'm not impressed with us bringing in a player who has absolutely no 1st team experience at any level to speak of, when there are more urgent matters to attend to, sorry.

I understand where your coming from WTF and I am hoping he is the winger/ number 10 we all want to see.

From a pint 1/2 full perspective, he did come from Man City whom have such a talented squad, they effectively own 2 teams capable of qualifying for Champions league. You would have to be extraordinarily talented to get a game, so we are the beneficiaries of the surplus talent (finger crossed).

Also I would suggest City play a similar style to us - except they find back of net. Again I am hoping fitness & tactically not to much settling in/adjustment will be required due to the way City play.

His Youtube clips look good, although he beats everyone then crosses it for the striker to fluff his lines. He'll fit right in!!

Looks a decent prospect....he'll certainly add a bit of creativity from the wing.
    One small problem....at 5'5" he's not gonna help us at corners (pun intended)

Agree with FTW, looks ok with all the tricks & flicks, but at Championship level, god its hard, time will tell.
    Wont do much for corners etc, ok hes a winger, but I have never seen a Leeds team, lacking in both height & physicality - sure a good team is about blend & balance, but a Big Jack, Madeley, Chapman, Viduka is what we need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast