+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The laddie Nisbet

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    £100,000 max. We'll have at least that to spend when we sell Shanks in the Summer.

Would be nice if we could keep him until January, see how he does in the prem with us

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Really? He's only a handful of goals behind our own Lawrence Shankland though. Playing in a mid table championship team too. That goal tonight was a beauty. I'd say he's probably going to score goals at the next level too if he gets the opportunity.
    I actually thought the laddie struggled a bit at the start for Dunfermline. Thought it would take him a wee while to step up, but i got in tonight just in time to see the re-runs of the goals and i think he proved me wrong in one mazy run!

Have to say that they also have a guy who loves to score against the Dee for some reason. Wonder why?

Offer some of the Scott Banks money for him.!

I thought Ryan Dow's powering run into the box from the blind side of the Dee defence to bullet home a header was just as good as Nesbit's goal.

I agree that Nesbit will be attracting interest. I like him and would like to sign him. But I think he will almost definitely end up elsewhere.

Besides, we've got young talent in the squad to step up when the main man moves on. I've got great hope for Appere. He's came into the team and established his worth this season. Out of the blue really.

Yes, he's still young and needs to develop further. But surely that is somethimg that will come with good coaching and 1st team experience.

I also think that 1st team experience in the Championship, in a team expected to win EVERY league game, must surely be a good basis for making the step up.

He should have scored at least a hat-trick tonight.With that service against that type of defence Shankland takes the ball home.

Nisbet can be in reserve for Shanks.

I’m still hoping we have Shanks for a season in the prem

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Nisbet can be in reserve for Shanks.

I’m still hoping we have Shanks for a season in the prem
    Well, if we are going up, which looks likely, and we want to establish ourselves in that league, and especially in the 1st season up, make sure we stay up, Shankland would almost certainly help achieve that.

I've no idea how things will pan out, but if Shanks could give us a full season in premier league I would be absolutely delighted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)