+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Times up

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Have you changed mind on this tonight b cram or recently.

This is not a dig honest but you were keen to stop chopping and changing managers is it tonight that's tipped you?
    Have not seen the game so I can't comment on it but I was absolutely shocked by the initial team selection. I saw that there was universal criticism before the kick off. There will be some intellectual rigour behind tonight's selection and I would love to know what it was. Tombola selections have been a major weakness for some seasons. It's almost as though if the fans can't believe in the selection there's a mountain for the team to climb before a ball is kicked.

You are right that I am keen to see this McPake project through but that has been based on an assumption that there would be some signs of progress. 2nd half against Motherwell seemed to me to have the team heading in the right direction. The signing of Dorrans , I thought was a good thing. He has been consistently praised and this seemed to be a sign that McPake was actually getting things right. New winger also seemed to address an often repeated weakness in our team. I thought that we would have a straight 442 with Callachan adding some punch to midfield. The possibility of the new winger sending in crosses, and a settled looking defence.
    None of this materialised and for me it looked as though McPake just over thought what was needed.

Somehow we need to impress on the players that they are not too good for this league. They have to sort things out and they need clear tactics from McPake. We are still in a promotion play off space so I don't think we need to get rid of McPake but there needs to be a big shake up and I'm not sure that McPake can deliver that. I would get Nicholl and McPake in front of the board and ask them what do they think they are playing at. If the board are uncertain what questions to ask they just need to spend half an hour looking at the match day threads to see what is wrong with the team. Ask the question WHY are ther still Tombola selections and team tactics that are obviously not being followed by the players.

It's been suggested a few times having a stadium is the only reason it's got this far.

Bear in mind it's a stadium, anyone can be tennents really.

I don't think anything will be built.
    There are only two realistic options as tenants.
    Last edited by BCram; 24-01-2020 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Removal of poor attempt at humour.

It's been suggested a few times having a stadium is the only reason it's got this far.

Bear in mind it's a stadium, anyone can be tennents really.

I don't think anything will be built.
    Correct, nothing will ever be built. But to be fair we've suspected for years that the stadium was no more than an ploy to keep us onside and spending our cash on season tickets. The time's come now though where everyone is seeing through Nelms' basic inability to run the football club.

I've said since very early on the guy's a good businessman but lacks any real football knowledge, hence the successive very poor managerial appointments. Unfortunately he'll never admit he's wrong and will continue down the road he's on even if it leads to relegation or oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Have not seen the game so I can't comment on it but I was absolutely shocked by the initial team selection. I saw that there was universal criticism before the kick off. There will be some intellectual rigour behind tonight's selection and I would love to know what it was. Tombola selections have been a major weakness for some seasons. It's almost as though if the fans can't believe in the selection there's a mountain for the team to climb before a ball is kicked.

You are right that I am keen to see this McPake project through but that has been based on an assumption that there would be some signs of progress. 2nd half against Motherwell seemed to me to have the team heading in the right direction. The signing of Dorrans , I thought was a good thing. He has been consistently praised and this seemed to be a sign that McPake was actually getting things right. New winger also seemed to address an often repeated weakness in our team. I thought that we would have a straight 442 with Callachan adding some punch to midfield. The possibility of the new winger sending in crosses, and a settled looking defence.
    None of this materialised and for me it looked as though McPake just over thought what was needed.

Somehow we need to impress on the players that they are not too good for this league. They have to sort things out and they need clear tactics from McPake. We are still in a promotion play off space so I don't think we need to get rid of McPake but there needs to be a big shake up and I'm not sure that McPake can deliver that. I would get Nicholl and McPake in front of the board and ask them what do they think they are playing at. If the board are uncertain what questions to ask they just need to spend half an hour looking at the match day threads to see what is wrong with the team. Ask the question WHY are ther still Tombola selections and team tactics that are obviously not being followed by the players.
    If you get a chance watch the game b cram.

I want him gone now but it will take more than that to save this club, forget the season and forget the playoffs it's just covering up this utter ****fest.

If rumours about dick Campbell are true, I'm not so sure they are I would ****ing rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Correct, nothing will ever be built. But to be fair we've suspected for years that the stadium was no more than an ploy to keep us onside and spending our cash on season tickets. The time's come now though where everyone is seeing through Nelms' basic inability to run the football club.

I've said since very early on the guy's a good businessman but lacks any real football knowledge, hence the successive very poor managerial appointments. Unfortunately he'll never admit he's wrong and will continue down the road he's on even if it leads to relegation or oblivion.
    What's it all about then? It's the thing I can't figure out.

That’s what I don’t get ,why haemorrhage money if it’s not happening,it only works with the stadium and the business outlets attached to it ,my heads bursting trying to make sense of this...this is the only business that actively drives punters away...bizarre....😳

Beyond me mate

[QUOTE=Deeranged;39417047]Beyond me mate[/QUOTE

New stadium will help to provide additional income streams. You can't pay for a football stadium with just the revenue from 18 home games. Conference facilities with appropriate car parking.

[QUOTE=BCram;39417090]
    Beyond me mate[/QUOTE

New stadium will help to provide additional income streams. You can't pay for a football stadium with just the revenue from 18 home games. Conference facilities with appropriate car parking.
    There are already other conference venues in Dundee.
    The new stadium development will provide additional income streams for Dark Blue Property Holidings Limited (DBPHL).
    Meanwhile Dundee Football Club Limited will receive the gate money plus sponsorship and a percentage of the hospitality sold at the home games. We will have to pay rental to use the stadium and adjoining artificial pitches and unlike St Johnstone any profits from funeral teas etc will likely go to DBPHL.
    If this stadium is ever built I hope that we have a ‘nailed down and watertight lease’ in case the Yanks sell out to a group of investors who have no interest in Dundee Football Club.

I've said since very early on the guy's a good businessman.
    Can you give us an example that makes you believe this please?

Not having seen anything so far that could prove this to be true I render why people think it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)