+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Priorities..?

If we go down they will be our best players!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pieters, Long, Wells, Gibson, Hart, Vydra, Lennon, Lowton - can you just imagine the weekly wage bill we are spunking on this band of hopeless second stringers?
    Yep, That's what happens when your recruitment is focused on lower transfer fees and wages in relation to better quality player. We now have half the team either too old/incapable of delivering at this level and still costing millions in wages. They can't be trusted many of them to deliver in even cup games when they should be fresh and looking to prove a point. VVdra for example; why did we not rest Wood and give him a go? The must be he's just not good enough and therefore has no future! At some point soon we have a hell of a rebuilding job to do staring with finding a premier level right back. This is what happens when you scimp and scrap you waste money. If any of our midfielders that play regular get hurt long term what the hell and we going to do? Apparently there is no problem but the Cup proves otherwise by showing lack of quality and options. We therefore HAVE to exit the cups ASAP to save wear and tear on those who are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    If we go down they will be our best players!!!
    We won't be going down this season Will!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We won't be going down this season Will!
    Maybe not, but my point is that the club is run with that mindset...

I believe the club is run brilliantly.. We know what we are and we know what we have to do to survive.. Dyche is the Messiah and the Board are his disciples.. We all know we are never going to win the league,so why spend zillions trying ?

Lets just be thankful that we are making millions every time we manage to stay up.. Hopefully we can manage that again this season and then look at buying a couple of players in the summer to help survive next season..That's the way Dyche and the board roll ..I'm sure Alto will have some input on this when he returns from holiday..

Brownhill and Bowen are two deals we could do today if we had the proper mindset Will. We haven't got the mindset and we won't do the deals.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I believe the club is run brilliantly.. We know what we are and we know what we have to do to survive.. Dyche is the Messiah and the Board are his disciples.. We all know we are never going to win the league,so why spend zillions trying ?

Lets just be thankful that we are making millions every time we manage to stay up.. Hopefully we can manage that again this season and then look at buying a couple of players in the summer to help survive next season..That's the way Dyche and the board roll ..I'm sure Alto will have some input on this when he returns from holiday..
    Oh dear Alf that’s a fair statement isn’t it

Personally I’m a little bit miffed of with it at the moment , I pay my money and tbh I’d like to be entertained with some football.

Some of what we’re served up isn’t very good at all, I understand it’s an opinions thing but if I’m being hones t it’s all wearing a bit thin , we are left messing around for a championship player whom we don’t think is worth 10 million were told , and yet we’ve sold our assets and banked the money for such a deal and still we won’t sort it even with a forward who we’ve had 3 seasons and refuse to play in part exchange.

Posted before our build up play is slow and lethargic and our recruitment team are slower and worse than that.

I’m a Burnley fan always have been and always will be, doesn’t stop me being very disappointed with the club at the minute.

Gibson, Wells and Vydra are probably worth £30 million. Bowen and Brownhill around the same. WTF is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Oh dear Alf that’s a fair statement isn’t it

Personally I’m a little bit miffed of with it at the moment , I pay my money and tbh I’d like to be entertained with some football.

Some of what we’re served up isn’t very good at all, I understand it’s an opinions thing but if I’m being hones t it’s all wearing a bit thin , we are left messing around for a championship player whom we don’t think is worth 10 million were told , and yet we’ve sold our assets and banked the money for such a deal and still we won’t sort it even with a forward who we’ve had 3 seasons and refuse to play in part exchange.

Posted before our build up play is slow and lethargic and our recruitment team are slower and worse than that.

I’m a Burnley fan always have been and always will be, doesn’t stop me being very disappointed with the club at the minute.
    If you want entertainment Army,you may as well go and watch Citeh/Liverpool..We haven't and never will have the players to entertain us with flowing football in the premier league.. I know where you are coming from mate and I'm as disappointed as you are but unfortunately it's never going to happen in the premier for us..Its all about defence and survival .. Not forgetting the big bucks we are earning to keep us solvent unlike most clubs who are in the red..

I will ill stick to boring football and premier security ratter that risk going down and keep going down the slippery slope like before..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If you want entertainment Army,you may as well go and watch Citeh/Liverpool..We haven't and never will have the players to entertain us with flowing football in the premier league.. I know where you are coming from mate and I'm as disappointed as you are but unfortunately it's never going to happen in the premier for us..Its all about defence and survival .. Not forgetting the big bucks we are earning to keep us solvent unlike most clubs who are in the red..

I will ill stick to boring football and premier security ratter that risk going down and keep going down the slippery slope like before..
    The voice of reason!

I bet you aren't called that very often eh, Alf?

But I totally agree with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)