+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Struber, is he actually any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Our club lost its soul the day Rimmo passed away , no connection now with the club I loved all my life , it's a load of ballax we here / or maybe not here from this current Boardroom , WHAT ABOUT THE FANS ? 7 maybe 8 k attendances next season ? Hope your happy , don't bother sending my renewal letter thank you , it wil save on costs ! Penny pinching arrsoyles
    Sad to say it Roma but I have no appetite for another self imposed stint in League 1 knowing even a successful season will ultimately end in capitulation. I liked Stendel and think Struber could do a decent job bet as many managers have found out, they are not supported properly and their ambitions ultimately are satisfied elsewhere after they have the rug pulled from under them. I remember Mark Robins walking when having Jason Shackle sold from under his nose.

I’m just so tired of it now.

Oh and thanks Animal for your reply. It’s clear frustration has set in all round.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    Sad to say it Roma but I have no appetite for another self imposed stint in League 1 knowing even a successful season will ultimately end in capitulation. I liked Stendel and think Struber could do a decent job bet as many managers have found out, they are not supported properly and their ambitions ultimately are satisfied elsewhere after they have the rug pulled from under them. I remember Mark Robins walking when having Jason Shackle sold from under his nose.

I’m just so tired of it now.

Oh and thanks Animal for your reply. It’s clear frustration has set in all round.
    I firmly believe that if they end up with a small loss on their initial investment it's not something that's going to bother them too much given their alleged wealth and what they paid individually as a consortium for the club .

If you place the football business in their portfolios and the huge profit they made from OGC Nice they have done extremely well personally from this sector .

Although fans of ourselves and those in the south of France would of course tell you a different story .

Hey uncle SB lol, remember when we appointed the exotic sounding Jose Morais ?. The man who couldnt even live up to being Jose Mourinho's assistant drivers mate/sat navigator!!.
    I give you credit for kind of calling it immediately on here like you did, suggesting he was a 'pillaker' after only 1 day and before we even had a match (which we lost at home to Burton!).

Anyway, the reason Im bringing this up again is what is the gut instinct again here eh ?.
    Is Gerry Struber really the man to do a job for us beyond this obvious relegation season back down to Lg One ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 05-02-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Naeow .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Naeow .
    Wooohh hang on there Roma kid lol, its going to take me ages to read that lengthy reply of yours.

Seriously though, do we all think the bubble has now burst for Gerry (if it ever even existed in the first place) ?.
    He will obviously be under pressre in the summer when we do go back down to Lg One yet again, and Im guessing its going to be a time of start from scratch again under whoever the manager/coach is.
    Last edited by Acido; 05-02-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wooohh hang on there Roma kid lol, its going to take me ages to read that lengthy reply of yours.

Seriously though, do we all think the bubble has now burst for Gerry (if it ever even existed in the first place) ?.
    He will obviously be under pressre in the summer when we do go back down to Lg One yet again, and Im guessing its going to be a time of start from scratch again under whoever the manager/coach is.
    Yes

Animal, I think I noticed that Luke Steele and Josh Scowen both made moves on deadline day, because they obviously werent getting gametime at their clubs.
    Why on earth dont we go for these sort of players with a touch of quality and Champship experience about them eh, even if its only on loan for the season.
    Gerry's so called quality hand picked players havent got a clue have they, and basically they are all Tommy Knasmullner wannabes.

I don't think under this model coaches can get the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I don't think under this model coaches can get the blame.
    Tha hasn't done a bad job in the past at blaming em though none the less .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Animal, I think I noticed that Luke Steele and Josh Scowen both made moves on deadline day, because they obviously werent getting gametime at their clubs.
    Why on earth dont we go for these sort of players with a touch of quality and Champship experience about them eh, even if its only on loan for the season.
    Gerry's so called quality hand picked players havent got a clue have they, and basically they are all Tommy Knasmullner wannabes.
    Because we aren't a football club anymore , simply a farm for young footballers to develop before sold to market .

The young feckers will be wearing ear tags soon .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast