+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United Post Match Thoughts

Lamy didn't do anything wrong but he didn't change the game either.

They all played poor really.

If we had a good day we would of won

Two weeks at the top is pretty good really when you've got these big ex-Premier League teams like Sunderland, Ipswich, Coventry and Portsmouth competing for the top spot.

It is good yes.
    We've won five, drawn none and lost just one against our promotion / playoff rivals in the last six games

Improved our GD too

I thought this was an interesting and quite amusing moment reported on one of the Posh forums - during those few minutes when there was debate about how to replace the injured lino.

"I was fourth official for a minute.

Came down when the tannoy announcement went out, Fergie told me to go for it and beckoned me on. The ref asked me about my level and told me he was happy for me to be the fourth official. We were about to get on with it, then Paul Warne and the assistant got arsey saying 'why can't the lino just stand there?' The ref then claimed it was a torn achilles and he needed treatment Laughing Warne then said 'so we're going to carry on with a ****ing Peterborough fan?' I came in and said 'I'm going to have no real impact, am I?'

'Well there's no ****ing point in you then, is there?' Is the quote from the Rotherham assistant which will go on my gravestone.

Then a level 5 turned up and I was turned away."

CTMilller, interesting notes indeed!

Just as a footnote, I asked a steward stood close by, 'Why the white rabbit as a mascot?'

He looked rather embarrassed as he replied, 'His name is .....wait for it....Peter Burrow'.

They used to have a bloke in top hat and tails with a cane presumably keeping up on the posh theme

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    They used to have a bloke in top hat and tails with a cane presumably keeping up on the posh theme
    He was there too, Walked out with the teams prior to kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by ctmilller View Post
    i thought this was an interesting and quite amusing moment reported on one of the posh forums - during those few minutes when there was debate about how to replace the injured lino.

"i was fourth official for a minute.

Came down when the tannoy announcement went out, fergie told me to go for it and beckoned me on. The ref asked me about my level and told me he was happy for me to be the fourth official. We were about to get on with it, then paul warne and the assistant got arsey saying 'why can't the lino just stand there?' the ref then claimed it was a torn achilles and he needed treatment laughing warne then said 'so we're going to carry on with a ****ing peterborough fan?' i came in and said 'i'm going to have no real impact, am i?'

'well there's no ****ing point in you then, is there?' is the quote from the rotherham assistant which will go on my gravestone.

Then a level 5 turned up and i was turned away."
    xdxdxd

Lamy did ok but you could hardly say he changed the game he was only on 2 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CTMilller, interesting notes indeed!

Just as a footnote, I asked a steward stood close by, 'Why the white rabbit as a mascot?'

He looked rather embarrassed as he replied, 'His name is .....wait for it....Peter Burrow'.
    That's terrible!

Loved our sung response when he started prancing around. Something like:

"Who the f.uck are you!?

and

"You can stick your carrot up your ar*e"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast