+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United Post Match Thoughts

Peterborough United Post Match Thoughts

All winning runs come to an end one day and it seems like after a dodgy first 30 minutes we at least gave a good showing for the last 71 (90+11 at the end, what was that all about?). Did we miss Crooks, I'm sure gwru won't see it that way? Late substitutions, although given the length of the game they still had 10 minutes to make their mark. No bigger games than Tuesday night (Note there for Frog )

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 25-01-2020 at 05:22 PM.

We just didn’t play as well as we have been. Too much ball in the air, didn’t use wings enough. Missed Crooks and Vass. Let’s hope they’re back Tuesday.

From the Twitter feed and stats, it sounded like we have played ok and deserved a point . Got to take our chances though. Need to bring in another defender, if only to keep the others on their toes and not conceding in the first couple of minutes of games. At present, we are not in a position to drop any defender if they don't perform properly.
    Also, even taking the stoppage into account, pointless waiting until injury time to bring on two subs, especially when we are a goal behind and even more especially when one of them is MacDonald! Unfathomable decisions by Warney. Does Barker need to keep reminding him how much time there is left in the game? :
    Last edited by mikemiller; 25-01-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Disappointed we didn't get something from the game but win some loss some. We are not top any more but is that a bad thing. If top you're there to be shot at and there's more pressure also, so let's move on to Tuesday and get behind the team.

We weren't going to keep on winning for ever. The bloke on final score said it was a hammering, but the stats don't support that view.
    Coventry will probably win their games in hand and overtake us, but if someone had said we would be playing Ipswich for the league leadership in the last week of January, I would certainly have taken that in August.

Get a draw or a win Tuesday then the following games,on paper, are well winnable...see where we are end of Feb.

Poor old Yates they bring him back doesn’t get a game & Swindon stay top of league with a 3-0 win.Come on Warney get your subs on early.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    We weren't going to keep on winning for ever. The bloke on final score said it was a hammering, but the stats don't support that view.
    Coventry will probably win their games in hand and overtake us, but if someone had said we would be playing Ipswich for the league leadership in the last week of January, I would certainly have taken that in August.
    Ironically jock, whilst mac Murray (who was watching the game on sky sports) said it was probably (not definitely) the right result, he couldn't understand how we didn't get a free kick on edge of box in time added on, and also how we didn't get a penalty just after that, when it was handled out of play and the ref gave a corner, when it clearly came off defenders arm. I wasn't there and haven't seen it so can't comment.
    All in all a bad day at the office but another big game on tuesday

Bitterly disappointing defeat. 2 poor goals conceded early killed us. Oggy at fault for first should have cleared it but fluffed his lines. Good move for their second made easier by Olosunde selling himself and getting caught out.
    I thought Toney and the little guy up front caused us a few problems but overall we were worth at least a point although we didn't create enough chances. Too much long ball again today and missed Crooks he has been the catalyst in the winning run, Wiles and Barlaser are too light in the middle.
    Iversen. I think he could have done better for both goals.
    Olosunde. By trying to close players down he's often over committing himself.
    Mattock. I've often spoken in his favour, especially last year when he had a good season but to me he didn't seem bothered today made mistakes and wasted a lot of ball.
    Ihiekwe. Lovely goal and solid performance against a good forward line.
    Wood. As above apart from goal.
    Wiles. Tried hard and didn't waste as much ball as he usually does.
    Barlaser. Not as effective as last few weeks, probably due not having Crooks at the side of him.
    Ogbene. At fault for first goal and didn't really get going today but he didn't have the same service.
    Adelakun. Lovely long shot in first half other than that didn't do a lot.
    Smith. Didn't win much today but brought the save of the match from their keeper
    Ladapo. Didn't cause them enough problems, this was his chance to shine and he didn't take it.
    Although I wouldn't blame the ref for the defeat but he was poor again.

A disappointing way for the unbeaten run to end. Given the changes to the personnel I would have been happy to string 5 across the

park, at least for 30 minutes. Today's midfield combo doesn't do it for me; Wiles has done really well as a makeshift full-back and it

might have been worth keeping him there, particularly as they had two diminutive, snappy players up front. If Ipswich have similar

forwards it could be a difficult game on Tuesday.

The first goal was very poor; a string of errors finished with a shot that I think Iversen should have done better with. And how many

kicks did he put straight into touch? Too many!

Their keeper made a great save from a Smudge header, but there were few chances today.

Finally, a word for some of our supporters. If you find yourself near the front, please don't stand up as a group. There was a biggish

group in the middle of the stand, stood just behind the walkway at the front. That meant there was a knock-on effect of the people

behind having to also stand. Give a thought to the others fellas, don't be so selfish!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast