+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No Goals at Fir Park

No Goals at Fir Park

Motherwell and Hibs produced a goalless draw at Fir Park in a game of few clear cut chances. - External Link

No point out playing teams if you can’t convert your chances, we need to bring in a centre forward ASAP. Scott tore their full back to pieces out wide but played through the middle he was of little effect. We can’t keep letting the opposition remain in games they should have been dead and buried in .

Four points from the last two is an excellent haul and the fact Hibs came looking for a goalless draw is a tremendous compliment.

A point next week would complete an excellent wee run through a tough start to the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    A point next week would complete an excellent wee run through a tough start to the year.
    Given their plastic pitch and hence record at home it does give an excuse for some to point to the pitch if the result is disappointing.
    But, seriously I think Livie are punching way above their weight and its one of a few teams in the league I look toward always believing its a game that should be won and anything less has to ask questions.

Overall that was a good performance yesterday and a draw was a decent enough result from a game which although we shaded, it could have gone either way given they hit the post. We badly need a striker and that was evident yet again. Mazinga came closest but was unlucky to be denied by a fine save. Hibs defended well throughout, so credit to them for that.

I thought James Scott had a really good game but he needs to learn to pass more and play the team game.

You always fancy your chances against the 'crap ground, no fans' teams but Livi have won three in a row, lost one in nine AND play on a farcical surface - a point would be more than fine for me. A win would be absolutely fantastic,especially as Aberdeen head to ibrox, and would take all the pressure off the Celtic game. Not that I'm expecting anything there anyway.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)