+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: St mirren V Dons

The Anchor Man started the match with us 5 points off Motherwell with only 3 attacking players against St.Mirren!!
    I have said for long enough that his tactical negativity will be his downfall as he cannot change and even refuses to admit it needs addressed.
    Having 3 midfielders playing centrally (McGeough, Ojo and Ferguson) who are not what you would say attack minded is pathetic and all that is wrong with his approach.
    The idiot is not for changing so we should change the idiot himself before it’s too late!

As usual, McNumpty is more worried about losing than trying to win the game. It was only f@cking St Mirren, we should be going all out attack against diddy teams like that and trying to hammer them.

One of the quotes has irked me a bit
    "Getting a point is frustrating because I thought we had enough possession to get more from the game"

This really sums up his mentality that he thinks that at the end of the game the team with more possession should win a game. Looking at the chances, st mirren definitely created better ones.

Another wet blanket prefirmance at least we are consistent.
    Usual post match comments from the manager
    Delighted to keep a clean sheet, we controlled the game etc.
    Try to use words that reflected how we played. Dire and utter pish spring to mind.

Not good enough boos ringing around the ground , hope the new chairman heard it

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McInnes on the club website,

“Dylan and Matty are two good additions. But there is still one area of the team that I would like try and address and bring that to the club next week.”

It should be a creative midfielder but will probably be another position.
    I think it’ll be a loan signing - either an attacking midfielder or another winger. Whoever it is probably won’t ever get a game because he’ll never drop his midfield 3.

As someone said, we started the game today with 8 defensively minded players and 3 attack minded players, 2 of whom are asked to track back constantly, come deep, play infield etc rather than sticking out wide. We could re-sign James Maddison and McInnes would have him on the bench, coming on for one of the midfield 3 with 10 mins to go, or playing him out wide asking him to double up as a full back. He doesn’t have a clue how to play attacking football - he got away with it for a while when we had players like McGinn and Hayes playing out their skin, and at other times because guys like Shinnie, McLean and Christie could drive things forward. His crap tactics were somewhat hidden by a few key individuals carrying the team to an extent. We’ve no one now who will drive things on, take responsibility, make things happen. Ferguson is the only one who can pick the ball up and make forward progress with it at times. I’d be playing him alongside either Ojo or McGeouch and getting someone else into the attacking midfield role - probably McGinn out of the players we’ve got just now. I’ve pretty much given up hope on Hedges now - he comes across as a softy, and while he can link a few passes together and take a nice touch occasionally, he doesn’t offer end product - he had a shot today that went about 15 miles wide.

Also noticed in McInnes interviews after last 2 matches he seems to be blaming Cosgrove “hopefully big Sam will get back on form” “big Sam wasn’t firing in all cylinders” etc - unbelievable that he’s actually pinning blame on a guy who’s getting woeful supply and who has basically carried the team for the last 12 months now!! Also... every week McInnes is moaning that we should have had a penalty - almost as if it’s his main tactic for getting a goal. Totally fed up of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    One of the quotes has irked me a bit
    "Getting a point is frustrating because I thought we had enough possession to get more from the game"

This really sums up his mentality that he thinks that at the end of the game the team with more possession should win a game. Looking at the chances, st mirren definitely created better ones.
    McInnes is trying to make excuses and try and make his team seem better than they actually are. The real stats are we had fifty-two percent possession and we had 1 shot on target averaging every 30 minutes played. We are not particularly good with the ball at our feet and we rely far too much on set plays to gain an advantage. Even then we are pretty woeful unless it’s a penalty. I see he is naming Cosgrove regularly now when he doesn’t score...I hope Sam tells him too shut his trap and give him more players around him who can provide decent chances and contribute more than what he currently gets. We really don’t need many bodies at the back to defend against low scoring St.Mirren but Del only starts us with the more attacking McGinn, Kennedy and Cosgrove in our starting eleven. I am starting to write off McGinn as a proper attacking player now as he spends far too much time protecting the defensive side of the team which is very well numbered. He had a poor game today but he certainly wasn’t the only one.
    Do we really need McGeough, Ojo and Ferguson to play against St.Mirren at the start of a match? The pure negativity from our manager if frightening.
    Let’s hope Cormack who is supposedly a positive person and likes positive answers and results to his questions realises McInnes is now needing upgraded to a manager who likes to entice fans to watch us. The money people behind the club must be alarmed at our style of soccer and I hope after the 90 days Cormack spoke about seeing what the club needed he quickly acts and kills off the negativity our manager is having on our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think it’ll be a loan signing - either an attacking midfielder or another winger. Whoever it is probably won’t ever get a game because he’ll never drop his midfield 3.

As someone said, we started the game today with 8 defensively minded players and 3 attack minded players, 2 of whom are asked to track back constantly, come deep, play infield etc rather than sticking out wide. We could re-sign James Maddison and McInnes would have him on the bench, coming on for one of the midfield 3 with 10 mins to go, or playing him out wide asking him to double up as a full back. He doesn’t have a clue how to play attacking football - he got away with it for a while when we had players like McGinn and Hayes playing out their skin, and at other times because guys like Shinnie, McLean and Christie could drive things forward. His crap tactics were somewhat hidden by a few key individuals carrying the team to an extent. We’ve no one now who will drive things on, take responsibility, make things happen. Ferguson is the only one who can pick the ball up and make forward progress with it at times. I’d be playing him alongside either Ojo or McGeouch and getting someone else into the attacking midfield role - probably McGinn out of the players we’ve got just now. I’ve pretty much given up hope on Hedges now - he comes across as a softy, and while he can link a few passes together and take a nice touch occasionally, he doesn’t offer end product - he had a shot today that went about 15 miles wide.

Also noticed in McInnes interviews after last 2 matches he seems to be blaming Cosgrove “hopefully big Sam will get back on form” “big Sam wasn’t firing in all cylinders” etc - unbelievable that he’s actually pinning blame on a guy who’s getting woeful supply and who has basically carried the team for the last 12 months now!! Also... every week McInnes is moaning that we should have had a penalty - almost as if it’s his main tactic for getting a goal. Totally fed up of it now.
    Wish I had seen your post before adding my previous attempt. At least we can all see it going wrong with McInnes. The quicker we have a positive replacement the better...for the sake of our football club and all it’s fans.

As someone said, we started the game today with 8 defensively minded players and 3 attack minded players, 2 of whom are asked to track back constantly, come deep, play infield etc rather than sticking out wide.

After today that makes only 3 wins out of 15 games this season when Cosgrove doesn't score (compared with 12 out of 17 wins when he does). McInnes knows well that we are f'ucked when Cosgrove doesn't score.

After 32 games this season only one player has scored more than 5 goals, utterly ridiculous and simply reflects the defensive mindset of the manager as 10 out of 11 players spend majority of the match in their own half

I pretty much agree with all of that don but I would say that Cosgrove has been dire for the last few games.

Yes he has had little service but his touch has been terrible,he still can’t hold the ball up and for a big guy he doesn’t win much in the air.When he does it is usually headed towards an opponent.

I like Cosgrove and he is one of our better players but no one is paying £6 million for him if he continues to play like he has for the last few games.

He’s improved immensely but he’s still not a good player.

However, he’s scored over 20 goals so far this season and even if he doesn’t score again it’ll be a good return.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 26-01-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast