+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Traore Article in New York Times

Traore Article in New York Times

Footy doesn’t get much national coverage from the major newspapers, so I was supriEd to see an article focused on Traore from the New York Times! Worth a read

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/s...SNo80e9ySXIR94

An interesting article. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Having spent much of last season defending Traore to the supporters who sit around me, it is good, to now here them singing his praises.

As with any athlete, you can't run away from speed, and big defenders like Maguire, hate these type of players.

Thanks for posting that Mich, it’s a good read and insight into why he’s so late reaching his potential.

I wouldn’t have been too upset if we’d sold him in the Summer, and now he’s being linked to possible moves to Barcelona and Real Madrid. Nuno and his team have invested heavily his development, the stats speak for themselves this season yet there’s still room for improvement.

Just goes to show that players can take a while to settle in and with someone as talented as Traore, it pays to be patient. We bought him for what seemed like alot of money at the time. If he continues to get assists and beat players out wide, I can't imagine we'll keep him forever. But we'll definitely make our money back, and show other young talented players that we are a place that you can develop.

That's a great read, Mich - thanks. My respect for Tony Pulis has gone up considerably. It also goes to show how important it is not right off a player after one season!!

Did anyone see the Saturday Daily Mail article on Traore, published approx 2 weeks ago?

According to one of the Red Tops we have placed a £75 million price tag on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    That's a great read, Mich - thanks. My respect for Tony Pulis has gone up considerably. It also goes to show how important it is not right off a player after one season!!

Did anyone see the Saturday Daily Mail article on Traore, published approx 2 weeks ago?
    I can't stand watching Pulis teams play, but I think he's got it down when it comes to player psychology. I have more respect for him now that I see a little bit about how he interacts with his players (if Traore is an example of typical Pulis behavior).

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)