+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Hibs par deux

Bring on the Hibs par deux

Probably causing a wee bit too much of a distraction, but we go into Tuesday night on an unbeaten run that i really didnt think was possible. Maybe too confident having matched them in the first game, but there seems to be a belief we can get a result!

The tombola will be out to an extent again so the best team available will get on the park. I would like to see....

Siegrist,
    Smith, Watson, Connolly, Robson,
    Powers, Butcher,
    McMullan, Glass, Aperre,
    Shankland.

Deniz, Pawlett, Sow, Harkes, Mochrie, Reynolds, Sporle.

I dont like 4-2-3-1, but there is movement to be made to go 4-3-3 and 4-4-2, and a bench of relative game changers.

I'd go with a smiliar team. Connolly/Reynolds being an either or. Unsure about Glass given the opposition. Not sure anyone else can play that position. Is that even his position? He was playing wide right anytime I saw him at Cove. Anyway, think we can pretty much guarantee Pawlett starts, so Glass will miss out.

Wouldn't mind seeing the 4-4-1-1 we were using before.

Siegrist
    Smith Watson Reyn/Conn Robson
    McMullan Powers Butcher Appere
    Pawlett
    Shankland

The fact I'm using Pawlett and McMullan is more to do with the opposition. Think we need a bti of experience in there. Glass to come off the bench early 2nd half.

I'd go with our best team when all was settled with my many injuries minus Clark, earlier in season it was Pawlett in his place like the 6-2 derby

Siegrist
    Smith Watson Reynolds Robson
    Butcher Harkes
    McMullan Pawlett Appere
    Shankland

Deniz, Connolly, Freeman, Powers, Mochrie, Glass, Sow

If Pawlett not fit then start Glass instead, only play Pawlett if he is central, that's when he impacted the game yesterday, Powers a good option later as we need legs in this game early on and he isn't very quick.

Although i suspect Harkes was subbed with Tuesday in mind, i really didnt see he was good enough yesterday to merit a place in the team v Arbroath, never mind Tuesday. We need a team on the park who are gonna put in the effort. Apart from the shot, all in remember from Harkes yesterday was trying to trap the ball, and it was past him before he was set and off on a Morton attack!

Pawlett we need to be seeing more of the 2 runs he made from a central position yesterday, but his legs are just not there for that!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'd go with our best team when all was settled with my many injuries minus Clark, earlier in season it was Pawlett in his place like the 6-2 derby

Siegrist
    Butcher Harkes
    McMullan Pawlett Appere
    Shankland

Deniz, Connolly, Freeman, Powers, Mochrie, Glass, Sow

If Pawlett not fit then start Glass instead, only play Pawlett if he is central, that's when he impacted the game yesterday, Powers a good option later as we need legs in this game early on and he isn't very quick.
    This would be my starting 11 too or maybe swap Connolly for Reynolds but not too bothered.

Siegrist
    Butcher
    Appere Powers Harkes Sporle
    Shankland

Try keep it tight and break fast when possible first 70 then get the likes of Mcmullan, Glass and Pawlett on.

Going through not expecting much. Big pitch will make it very difficult for us. Head says 3-0 them, heart says our luck in a penalty shoot out will finally change.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_1988 View Post
    Siegrist
    Butcher
    Appere Powers Harkes Sporle
    Shankland

Try keep it tight and break fast when possible first 70 then get the likes of Mcmullan, Glass and Pawlett on.

Going through not expecting much. Big pitch will make it very difficult for us. Head says 3-0 them, heart says our luck in a penalty shoot out will finally change.
    would go with this to start.....

Siegrist

Powers

McMullen Butcher Glass Appere

Shankland

just try to keep things tight first 10-15 mins then go for it

Anyone know if this is being televised anywhere?

Massive match this.

Personally if we are going 4-2-3-1 I’d go

Benji

Butcher Powers
    Appere McM Sporle
    Shanks

Come on United 🤞

The main differences in the first game also highlight the differences in the 2 leagues.

Size per man and physical strength.
    Speed and stamina per man
    Composure individually on the ball
    spare men finding space and making simple passes to not just get out of trouble but t create forward motion.

We weren't so very far behind them, but it showed. I really need to see our forward running players show results for their efforts. For example Mcmullan couldn't just breeze past players, he beat one then there was 2 to cover. etc.

Go with strongest side, a positive controlled attitude. His were very beatable first time, only we failed. Maybe the wide park will help ur wide players.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)