+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bring on the Hibs par deux

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    To me it's simple. Watson isn't a Robbie signing. Phased him out slowly over the last few weeks.
    Really ? If that is true then it is horrendous. He has been great for us this season after getting played in his proper position. I really hope this is not the case. He was central (nae pun) to how hard we were to score against, then he gets "rotated" or left out and all the wee faults are creeping back in our game.

I really hope it isn't as simple as you are saying Duke. :/

Surely Watson is carrying a knock. No way you drop your best CB for any other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Surely Watson is carrying a knock. No way you drop your best CB for any other reason.
    Agree......... but why not mention it to the fans, just to keep a bit of clarity? Would keep things simpler and let everyone understand the reasons. Shouldn't be that hard really.

Pretty easy to see these deficiencies in the team tonight. I thought Reynolds had a total shambles of a game and Connolly not too far behind. Fine for this league but we need much better next season.

Against an ok Hibs lot I thought we were ok too! They weren’t worth their 4 goals.

On the strength of that tonight we would sit mid-lower part of the SPL. The question is how far will Ogren want to push us towards top half and beyond? Asghar has talked about a 3-5 year plan and you have to think we are on track right now. If we are hitting our owner’s targets then who knows how far/fast he’ll want to go....

I’m thinking promo this season unlocks further investment to get us into top half next season and then a push after that.

If you assume that Watson was not 100% you have to assume that lineup tonight was what RN felt was his strongest 11. The fact that it included Pawlett worries me.

Centre back pairing was a mess tonight, beaten too easily in the air from static positions, Pawlett provides nothing of note, couldn't even win frees in any area, Dylan may be composed from time to time but is either unfit or has the speed of an oil tanker with poor spatial awareness.

Personal positioning, composure and awareness were all lacking again, with that being shown by losing so many second balls and service from midfield to the front being so simply blocked out.

Bringing Sow on for anybody was a huge gamble and a mistake. He got 20 mins and still couldn't pt in a shift to help his side, squandered what ball he did have. He has to be moved on for next term.

On a positive note last years and previous side would have capitulated and been seriously humped so actually is a massive leap forward. Just not yet good enough to compete at top level.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)