+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Bilic heading for the chop?

Is Bilic heading for the chop?

Serious question.

This run is prolonged and now deep routed and surely can’t just be down to Diangana.

Moore was fired when we were in 4th place.

Another four matches without an upturn and I can see Jenkins phoning Mini Me.

The lack of a plan B with Bilic mirrors the issues with Moore and Shan.

So........how many games are you giving him and how many do you think the Runt will give him?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Serious question.

This run is prolonged and now deep routed and surely can’t just be down to Diangana.

Moore was fired when we were in 4th place.

Another four matches without an upturn and I can see Jenkins phoning Mini Me.

The lack of a plan B with Bilic mirrors the issues with Moore and Shan.

So........how many games are you giving him and how many do you think the Runt will give him?
    Without some of our best players last night, but let's just wait until 11pm on Friday night to see how much confidence they have in him.

Difficult to specify our “best” players ?
    We have struggled all season with no defensive organisation and accordingly, will continue to leak goals. Set pieces, hospital passes in an endeavour to play out from the back. We do not have the quality in central defence to play that way.
    I would rather rectify that in the transfer market, rather than yet more second rate strikers.

It's no use Bilic coming out with a statement like 'we can't concede goals like this'. Do something about it!! Why do we persist in this playing out from the back when we continually play ourselves into trouble? Other teams have worked us out and play a high line against us. If we, the fans, can see it why can't the coach? Admittedly the first goal wasn't caused by this but by an individual error. Having said this, the second goal was certainly a result of this tactic. I don't mind us doing it if the short pass is on but to use this tactic continually even when an opponent is virtually standing on the defender's toes is suicide.

While not blaming Johnstone as he has saved us on occasions this year, he does not command his area which in turn doesn't give his defenders confidence. Perhaps it's time to give Bond a chance.

We are definately missing Diangana and Pereira as they are our most creative players but others have to step up to the plate, but they aren't. The whole team looks stale so perhaps it's time for wholesale changes as we witnessed in the performance against West Ham. The game against Luton is now probably the most important one of the season. Fail to win it and that's automatic promotion gone.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)