+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Cam golf help required

O/T Cam golf help required

Cam I seriously need your coaching advice, just finished 1st out of 32 in a tournament but missed 3 birdie puts from 3 feet. Shot a Rubbish 76 in the end with a blob but I’m keen to improve, can you help with putting and short chipping advice?

For want of a better phrase, I'd probably have to take you in hand to give you help gm and that's difficult to do at 5,000 miles distant. You seem to be sufficiently experienced in the game to know that it's 90% mental once you reach a certain level. If only MM had a resident Dr who could help

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    For want of a better phrase, I'd probably have to take you in hand to give you help gm and that's difficult to do at 5,000 miles distant. You seem to be sufficiently experienced in the game to know that it's 90% mental once you reach a certain level. If only MM had a resident Dr who could help
    That’s not completely helpfully Cam, I did hope for a bit more inspirational help.....I thought you were an under par fella

Aim for the hole with the flag in it.

I believe this guy is quite successful and his academy is based not too far away, although he's too busy to teach himself.

http://www.petecowen.com/tuition.html

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    That’s not completely helpfully Cam, I did hope for a bit more inspirational help.....I thought you were an under par fella
    Was is correct gm. Haven't played sub par for many years but still hope to shoot my age one day. I was never a prolific putter and although I can't specifically remember, I think the day I shot my best ever round I had more putts than I did other shots. Assuming your missing from 3' isn't down to misreads then its all about the take away and follow through, have you tried one of those contraptions that force you to go straight back and through or set one up yourself with a dozen tees. I was always a good chipper but my secret is I nearly always (90%) played the same shot with my trusty 9 iron. I only varied the club when circumstances made me, usually if I needed extra loft to clear something or get out of a buried lie.

Keeping golf related stuff on one thread, do you just play or do you watch too gm? Not liking this "Premiership" style proposal for golf where the top 48 players will 'break away' from the rest to play an 18 tournament 'competition'. All very much Kerry Packer like where those already rich from the sport are trying to get richer.

The problem is Cam that gm is more than 90% mental.

Keeping golf related stuff on one thread, do you just play or do you watch too gm? Not liking this "Premiership" style proposal for golf where the top 48 players will 'break away' from the rest to play an 18 tournament 'competition'. All very much Kerry Packer like where those already rich from the sport are trying to get richer.
    Like to watch CAM but mrs gm isnt a big fan, I agree with this format being a bit elitist its not as though they dont have enough money to start with

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    The problem is Cam that gm is more than 90% mental.
    Cant disagree with that Patty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast