+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Remainers planning to take 50p coins out of circulation....

O/T Remainers planning to take 50p coins out of circulation....

Heh Roly, this one's political feel free to join in....

Opponents of Brexit are reportedly planning to try and remove the new commemorative Brexit 50p coins from circulation by buying them up in large amounts.

Readers of pro-Remain newspaper The New European took to social media shortly after Chancellor Sajid Javid unveiled the coin over the weekend.

Several Remainers posted on Facebook, vowing to take action and buy as many of the coins as possible after they enter circulation on January 31 - the day Britain leaves the EU.

"If and when I get one of these 50 pence coins I shall remove it from circulation, keep it in a drawer, and return them all to a bank on the day the UK rejoins the EU which I predict will not be long," wrote John Perry.

"Put them in a pot. Get them out of circulation. There is only a relatively small amount being made, 500,000 I think so it would be easy if everyone plays the game!" responded Ian Payne. "16 million people voted remain. I'm sure we can remove this coin very quickly," he added. again

Another social media user, Helen Wynne-Jones, wrote: "I'm not going to accept any of these coins. Instead they will go straight to a UK based charity. We're going to need it."

Mr Javid originally ordered production of the celebratory coins in advance of the original departure date of October 31.

Do this load of numpties realise that by condoning this action, they will make the coin even more rare and it's value will increase.....talk about cry babies. Get over yourselves.....

I'm happy for them to give em all to me but I waint be sticking em in a drawer that is for sure...I will be 8 million quid better off

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I'm happy for them to give em all to me but I waint be sticking em in a drawer that is for sure...I will be 8 million quid better off
    Nice one....

Pity they have nothing more worth to moan about,this just sums up how much of a set of sad barstewards they are.Get a fecking life.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think £250000 is how much you would be better off roly

Very sad and bitter people.

How sad can people actually get ffs

bah! 250k Exile, they can stick it...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-01-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Should be interesting in the pubs out and about Friday night , loads of celebrating by one half of the population, seething resentment by the others . makes for a very interesting situation .

I suspect the leavers will be more likely to be violent (ie many right wing thugs) than the remainers so all should be ok... before anyone gets the mardys on no not all leavers are right wing thugs ...

I've got more important things to do on Jan 31st...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-01-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast