+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: transfer window, good or bad?

Well if Augustin follows in the tracks of most of our French signings he won't be too bad.....

King Eric, Oli Darcourt, Max Gradel, The Duke, Big Sol Basmba, and from what we have seen of Meslier....Fingers crossed we've got another decent one in, and lets face it, being a realist Adams wasn't coming nor Billy Sharpe or Andre Gray et al, as others have said, who loans out their best players in the January window?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Well if Augustin follows in the tracks of most of our French signings he won't be too bad.....

King Eric, Oli Darcourt, Max Gradel, The Duke, Big Sol Basmba, and from what we have seen of Meslier....Fingers crossed we've got another decent one in, and lets face it, being a realist Adams wasn't coming nor Billy Sharpe or Andre Gray et al, as others have said, who loans out their best players in the January window?
    Lepzig hopefully.

Impossible to tell yet imo. Yes we appear to have landed a striker whom has the potential to be a real asset for us.

Will Poveda provide more consistency on the wings and can he play the number the 10 role?

The GK wasn't needed as such, but must be one for the future .

Would like to see a CB being brought in.

I see a potential problem. Augustin doesnt speak much Spanish or English. Bielsa doesnt speak much French. I feel that Bielsa's lack of fluency with English is a problem during games. Other than that i have 2 major questions : can he defend? How good is he in the air? Cannot find that much footage of him heading goals. If good in the air, he may be a significant improvement on Bumford and Nketiah.

CP,

not being sarcastic but....

the only real question is can he put in the net. Let's face it. Our striker gets as many quality chances as anyone in the league. If he even converts on 25% of those we'll get promoted. It he puts his body on the line to get the balls crossed in and not flop every time he's touched he'll get plenty of goals.

defence

Interesting stats from a Sky article below - i wonder if our chances figure has dropped? We've all been focusing on the search for a striker, but the goals conceded stat below in the last 7 games per game is a nightmare - 2- compared to 0.5 per game in the first 21.

The data doesn't line up, but you get the idea....

Leeds' first 21 games of the season compared to the last seven

First 21 games Per game Last seven games Per game
    Goals scored 32 1.5 11 1.6
    Goals conceded 10 0.5 14 2.0
    Successful passes 8553 407.3 2609 372.7
    Passing accuracy 80.7% - 78.3% -
    Possession 64.22% - 64.98% -
    Shots faced 186 8.9 75 10.7
    Not only that, goalkeeper Kiko Casilla's stats are somewhat troubling, too. Having made 2.24 saves per game in the first 21 games of the season, the Spaniard has made a dramatically reduced 1.1 per game across the last seven fixtures without once keeping a clean sheet. He's also conceded 14 in that period, with his save percentage dropping from 82.46 per cent to 36.36 per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Interesting stats from a Sky article below - i wonder if our chances figure has dropped? We've all been focusing on the search for a striker, but the goals conceded stat below in the last 7 games per game is a nightmare - 2- compared to 0.5 per game in the first 21.

The data doesn't line up, but you get the idea....

Leeds' first 21 games of the season compared to the last seven

First 21 games Per game Last seven games Per game
    Goals scored 32 1.5 11 1.6
    Goals conceded 10 0.5 14 2.0
    Successful passes 8553 407.3 2609 372.7
    Passing accuracy 80.7% - 78.3% -
    Possession 64.22% - 64.98% -
    Shots faced 186 8.9 75 10.7
    Not only that, goalkeeper Kiko Casilla's stats are somewhat troubling, too. Having made 2.24 saves per game in the first 21 games of the season, the Spaniard has made a dramatically reduced 1.1 per game across the last seven fixtures without once keeping a clean sheet. He's also conceded 14 in that period, with his save percentage dropping from 82.46 per cent to 36.36 per game.
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
    Lol thanks for that - i thought it was interesting anyway....

think all the problems will go away once we start scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    I see a potential problem. Augustin doesnt speak much Spanish or English. Bielsa doesnt speak much French. I feel that Bielsa's lack of fluency with English is a problem during games. Other than that i have 2 major questions : can he defend? How good is he in the air? Cannot find that much footage of him heading goals. If good in the air, he may be a significant improvement on Bumford and Nketiah.
    Orta
    ". I’d also like to thank my backroom staff who made a presentation to the player in French, making him feel comfortable with the project"
    obviously on top of the language issue already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)