+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transfer window, good or bad?

transfer window, good or bad?

good imo
    not fussed about the keeper, but id like to see the other 2 getting games, we need to freshen up a bit.

I think it's as good as you can expect with FFP rules and the selective and arbitrary enforcement they use. If you can't plop down a wad of cash on a prem level player it's tough to get them to sell anyone they have in the January window.

Just hope that MB plays them. Especially the striker. Sure wish we had him for Millwall. If bamford misses 5 chances in that game we'll lose for sure.

I really hope they give the young French keeper a shot at keep. I suspect that the FA will ban Casilla at some time this season. preferably sooner than later and I think he'll be better than Cassila.

agreed regarding the keeper

Never heard of any of them, but i'd never heard of Ben White or nketiah and look how good they were, if bielsa is happy with them then so am I, at least we have an additional striker, and also Roberts is apparently fit again, only forshaw to come back, and seems he could be back in the squad for next week.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Time will tell.
    Agreed but at least we both signed players where we need them and before deadline day

It was ok. Just need someone to replace Saiz and someone to replace Cooper.

I jest, slightly.

Glad to see the management have seen our posts and showed some interest in promotion. I think that Orta was fearful of WTF taking his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    It was ok. Just need someone to replace Saiz and someone to replace Cooper.

I jest, slightly.

Glad to see the management have seen our posts and showed some interest in promotion. I think that Orta was fearful of WTF taking his job.
    I'd do the job (better), for a lot less, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for a call.

Let's see whether Orta can breathe easily.

Orta has brought in some decent players and was responsible for MB - working within the constraints of P&S he has done fairly well.

white, Harrison, Poveda, Augustin, Costa, Douglas are all decent players.

his work with the u23 squad is good too.

scouting has changed so much in the last 10 years - there is almost too much info available - if you haven’t read The Nowhere Men - recommend it as a good read

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Orta has brought in some decent players and was responsible for MB - working within the constraints of P&S he has done fairly well.

white, Harrison, Poveda, Augustin, Costa, Douglas are all decent players.

his work with the u23 squad is good too.

scouting has changed so much in the last 10 years - there is almost too much info available - if you haven’t read The Nowhere Men - recommend it as a good read
    I think I'd not be on my own in suggesting the jury on Harrison is still out despite improvement and Costa even more so and how on earth can we assess what Poveda or Augustin will or won't be when they haven't even pulled a Leeds shirt on yet?

White - agreed!

And what role did Orta actually play in getting Bielsa as coach? What do we actually know (public domain and verifiable), as opposed to rumour, and if Orta was key, surely there would be some of that public domain verifiable information available. I haven't seen any yet, but please correct me if you have.

And yes, I'm sure scouting has changed out of all recognition from decades ago, I just dont think Orta is any good at it, whatever the process and/data sources

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)