+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren tickets

St Mirren tickets

£20/£10/£5 one per season ticket holder or Well Society member. Allocation 1,600 behind the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    £20/£10/£5 one per season ticket holder or Well Society member. Allocation 1,600 behind the goal.
    1,600 will be snapped up by ST holders so I doubt there's gonna be any public sale. I feel for the non ST fans. Some will say St Mirren are being 'difficult', but it's their shout to give as many seats as they want to opposing fans. Best answer is to go there and pump them out the cup.

Given this exactly our policy we have no cause for complaint whatsoever.

However there is something very Scottish football about turning away hundreds of fans for the sake of asking a few folk to budge up a bit.

Hope that all our fans who miss out on the 1,600 get a home ticket easily enough. There's also no doubt ST holders and Society members being prioritised is correct.

The club has handled ticket allocation well so far, although I've still to get mine. Its only right that season ticket holders and Society members get priority. St Mirren could have handled things a bit better so far by giving us our ticket allocation at the weekend, as they did with their own fans. In terms of numbers, it will be annoying and, indeed, sad, if we're limited to 1,600 tickets and there are significant numbers of vacant seats in home areas.

I'd also add that having a stand full to capacity, printing seats on tickets and then telling people to sit anywhere will not end well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I'd also add that having a stand full to capacity, printing seats on tickets and then telling people to sit anywhere will not end well either.
    I agree, clearly ST holders and Society members should be given priority. But, there's a helluva lot of folk who, for various reasons, can't be ST's or Society members. Gotta be some way of recognising a number of them as 'priority' too ... eg: grade the stubs for tickets they've bought for home (and especially away games like Ross County, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, etc). Would be a piece of pi55 to develop a method to get those folk ranked in some sort of priority order. After all, we're an inclusive Family club ain't we?

Some games are pay at the gate, others will see one person buy tickets for a group - are you going to register everyone's names? I agree it's not that hard but it would still take some thought/work and you will still have debate over who to prioritise...does going to most home games get you an away ticket in the cup ahead of someone who rarely makes FP but regularly goes to see us away? On the basis we often go years without being in this situation I just don't think it's worth it.

Probably some kind of points based system would fit the bill. Obviously season ticket holders and Society members should and would be given favourable weighting but others could gain points also.

Down to the last 50 according to 'Flow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)