+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Denton

Tom Denton

Worth a punt? I was quite impressed by their striker. He put himself about a bit and won virtually every header. At 6' 7" he would certainly fit the bill as a target man.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Worth a punt? I was quite impressed by their striker. He put himself about a bit and won virtually every header. At 6' 7" he would certainly fit the bill as a target man.
    Worth a punt? Definitely not. He's a 30 year old non-league journeyman, he's scored 4 times in 22 games this season, and he was awful when we played them at their place. He probably had one of his better games yesterday, but if he is the type of player we are considering then our future is dire.

No thanks

No chance, he's absolute dog sh*t, I laughed at him more than once yesterday, he's a complete donkey.

walk away from the crack pipe !
    Total donkey ! no thanks
    Mind you that centre back Hollis was worth a look !

I've yet to see a donkey unleash the kind of shot that rattled our crossbar in the second half, and there were moments when he caused us some real problems. However he certainly looked a little ungainly, and his c.v. is somewhat less than impressive so it was probably just a good day for him yesterday. Chesterfield fans don't seem to rate him and if he's not good enough for them he certainly ain't good enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I've yet to see a donkey unleash the kind of shot that rattled our crossbar in the second half.
    Funny you should mention that - I was looking at a report from a Chesterfield viewpoint in the Derbyshire Times and the live text reporting had the following little gem:

Denton hits the crossbar!

What an effort from the striker! Boden chests the ball down and lays it off to Denton who hits a superb volley from 178 yards against the crossbar! What a goal that would have been.

Makes Doyle's goal seem like a tap in!

You're having a laugh. Players like him are the reason why Chesterfield are struggling.. I genuinely hope that they dont go down. as there are teams in this league with facilities that are reminiscent of houses with outside toilets...

I've yet to see a donkey unleash the kind of shot that rattled our crossbar in the second half, and there were moments when he caused us some real problems. However he certainly looked a little ungainly, and his c.v. is somewhat less than impressive so it was probably just a good day for him yesterday. Chesterfield fans don't seem to rate him and if he's not good enough for them he certainly ain't good enough for us.
    If that was a good day for him I'd hate to see a bad one, Hollis rattled the crossbar with a volley too, I wouldn't take him back either.

Denton got knocked off the ball by Kelly-Evans in the second half which I thought summed up both of their games.

The volley was a fluke , it fell at a lovely height for anyone to get a nice shot on goal , perhaps he would have kept it down if he wasn't the Donkey he's being portrayed to be ......x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast