+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Trial of Christine Keeler

The Trial of Christine Keeler

Did anyone see this series or the BBC2 documentary last night?

A key man in the scandal, Stephen Ward (no, not that one) was stitched up like a kipper by the Chief of Police, MI5 and the Prime Minister Harold Macmillan. He committed suicide during his trial in the kangaroo court. He was found guily while fighting for his life in hospital - the judge ruled that the case continue in his absence.
    John Profumo, tipped to take over as leader when Macmillan resigned, was forced to resign as Minister of War when the facts came out.
    Transport Secretary Earnest Marples was also found to be involved in a similar scandal but Macmillan ordered a cover up. This has only just been revealed.

If we live in a decent country then Stephen Ward's name needs to be cleared and Macmillan needs to be de-knighted (or whatever the term is).

This kind of stuff could NEVER happen nowadays with Boris in charge could it?

Some things never change 59/60.. You ought to catch up on the two episodes on channel 5 the last couple of Saturday nights about the wives of Henry the Eigth.. Absolutely wonderful viewing and documentary..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Did anyone see this series or the BBC2 documentary last night?

A key man in the scandal, Stephen Ward (no, not that one) was stitched up like a kipper by the Chief of Police, MI5 and the Prime Minister Harold Macmillan. He committed suicide during his trial in the kangaroo court. He was found guily while fighting for his life in hospital - the judge ruled that the case continue in his absence.
    John Profumo, tipped to take over as leader when Macmillan resigned, was forced to resign as Minister of War when the facts came out.
    Transport Secretary Earnest Marples was also found to be involved in a similar scandal but Macmillan ordered a cover up. This has only just been revealed.

If we live in a decent country then Stephen Ward's name needs to be cleared and Macmillan needs to be de-knighted (or whatever the term is).

This kind of stuff could NEVER happen nowadays with Boris in charge could it?
    The Establishment always look after their own 59, and if you're really interested in cover-ups etc, you want to check out your old mate Jeremy Thorpe, and then read up on Cyril Smith.

No argument from me Sinkov.

I used to know one of Cyril Smiths victims very well and I know what a ba5tard he was. I wasn't making a party political point

No argument from me Sinkov.

I used to know one of Cyril Smiths victims very well and I know what a ba5tard he was. I wasn't making a party political point
    Not much point in trying to make a party political point now 1959_60. The Lib Dems are in a worse position than the Labour Party and that really is saying something!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not much point in trying to make a party political point now 1959_60. The Lib Dems are in a worse position than the Labour Party and that really is saying something!
    That Boris, what a fecking buffoon, but just maybe he's not such a buffoon eh, just maybe ?

Nope.

He's defiinitely a buffoon, but he deliberately plays the clown.

Nope.

He's defiinitely a buffoon, but he deliberately plays the clown.
    Ah I see, maybe he's just a lucky buffoon then, he got lucky in the first London Mayoral Election, he got lucky in the second one as well, he was lucky with the stunningly successful London Olympics, then got lucky with the Leave campaign in the EU, he got lucky in the Tory leadership battle, then got lucky persuading the EU to re-open the WA, which they said they'd never do, then feck me, he got lucky again in the December General Election.

Never mind 59, his luck will run out soon.......probably.

I'm rather starting to like the lazy barsteward. Northern Rail already renationalised, no great NHS dramas and he just sits on his arse supping cocktails, while all the real stuff is delegated to his underlings.

By Christ, they train the toffs well at Eton!

Well, a lot of voters can relate to a buffoon and even working class skint Northerners have been conned into voting for the Eton, Bullingdon Club, feckless toff because of how he portrays himself, with the help of Dominic.

I reckon that if Tommy Cooper had been a Parliamentarian he would have won by a landslide the way things are today.
    I'll leave it to you to decide if he would have made a good Prime Minister.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)