+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Takeover ,pay Bruce off and being in ???

Takeover ,pay Bruce off and being in ???

So if the takeover goes ahead
    They get Bruce and his mates paid off
    Who would you think realistically we could bring in as manager

Ok, so this could be contentious (and I was going to start a thread to see what folk think), but if Bruce did go....I'm not sure i'd want Rafa back.

I know, I know.....BUT....much as I loved him, he was a proper football man, 'got' the City, the fans, etc...all the good Rafa stuff...I'd actually like a manager who played a more expansive, attractive-to-watch brand of football.

I mean, I loved Rafa and wanted him to stay and would have been delighted if he had....but now that he's gone, I kind of feel that we've both moved on. Obviously we're talking hypothetically but if Bruce was given the heave-ho by new owners, I'd like to see us go in a different direction...the next Tuchel, Klopp or Pochettino.

I say 'next' because we wouldn't be able to attract that level of manager just because we had new owners and, to be honest, I don't care-getting rid of Ashley would put a grin on my face that would be hard to wipe off no matter who we (realistically-and that applies both ways -I don't mean utter shite) appointed.

Id love Allegri to come in and with the money being talked about its not beyond the realms of possibility

We could attract a really positive thinking attacking manager there must be plenty around if we pay good money

Got nothing against Bruce even though he’s not a Geordie. He was born in Corbridge FFS Sunderland is closer to Newcastle than that

Bruce might take a step down and run the Under 23’s and youths if his heart is in the right place and he loves the club

Let’s face it he wouldn’t get another Premiership Club Coaching appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ok, so this could be contentious (and I was going to start a thread to see what folk think), but if Bruce did go....I'm not sure i'd want Rafa back.

I know, I know.....BUT....much as I loved him, he was a proper football man, 'got' the City, the fans, etc...all the good Rafa stuff...I'd actually like a manager who played a more expansive, attractive-to-watch brand of football.

I mean, I loved Rafa and wanted him to stay and would have been delighted if he had....but now that he's gone, I kind of feel that we've both moved on. Obviously we're talking hypothetically but if Bruce was given the heave-ho by new owners, I'd like to see us go in a different direction...the next Tuchel, Klopp or Pochettino.

I say 'next' because we wouldn't be able to attract that level of manager just because we had new owners and, to be honest, I don't care-getting rid of Ashley would put a grin on my face that would be hard to wipe off no matter who we (realistically-and that applies both ways -I don't mean utter shite) appointed.
    Absolutely agree...

Rafa was the best we were ever going to get with Ashley and he wanted to take the club forward...

Im sure the new lot will implement a structure that improves the club and supports any manager they choose...

Keegan
    Keegan
    Keegan
    Keegan

id like to see a younger manager with some experience build a top top side.

Diego Simeone would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Aye a good shout Zip.

I don't know who i'd want because the hope of getting them and meaning Ashley is gone is to much - i don't think it'll happen.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)