+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 200 million investment

Yeah...that's in one season...far more than Ashley ever does...nobody expects to challange the top four instantly...just to visibly improve each season and start to compete..

Now jog on you waste of an afterbirth...

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    I will still rather have a club that actually looks to improve year on year and not be stuck in this perpetual top of bottom six is good enough mode we seem to be in.Reach for the stars and we might get over the moon but without someone igniting us we won't even have lift off.
    Poeticstuff, Stav. And spot on.

When the transfer window ends and we have no LB and no CF and the fakeover is just that.We have been informed that 200m is nowhere near enough,so does the Ashley apologist that started the thread think as its bare minimum that Mike will invest more than 200m?.
    I will answer for you,not a chance but thanks for slipping up and suggesting the club needs severe investment on everything.Big liars need good memories.

I would not trust anybody that waits untill the transfer window closes before buying the club

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    When the transfer window ends and we have no LB and no CF and the fakeover is just that.We have been informed that 200m is nowhere near enough,so does the Ashley apologist that started the thread think as its bare minimum that Mike will invest more than 200m?.
    I will answer for you,not a chance but thanks for slipping up and suggesting the club needs severe investment on everything.Big liars need good memories.
    Why bother with him man, we know why hes on here,ignore.

as someone pointed out on the radio - its more like a top 2 now - the other 4 of the top 6 are going backwards (except maybe spurs) and wont take as much catching as they would have 3, 4, 5 years ago

good time to buy if you want to break into top 6 methinks

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    No I don't think he will spend 200 mill as the club don't have it
    However I would hope and have said if a new owner came in it needs close to 400-500 mill investment straight away if you want to get top 4
    Me personally don't think we are anywhere near top 4
    And haven't been for many many years right back to when the previous owners sold to ash

Some teams have spent miles more than we have and are no where near breaking the top 4

So whilst I want a new owner
    I'm not going to get excited about the Saudi royals and an investment of 200 mill on players and training facilities

Let's face it apart from the goalie and maybe one or two players we would need 12 players
    40 mill plus players at that unless we are locky and find someone who can find some cheap gems
    And do that in two years

And hope the likes of city scouscers Chelsea spuds wolves manure don't improve

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    as someone pointed out on the radio - its more like a top 2 now - the other 4 of the top 6 are going backwards (except maybe spurs) and wont take as much catching as they would have 3, 4, 5 years ago

good time to buy if you want to break into top 6 methinks
    How many points are we from top 6
    Maybe the two new ones and maybe a forward could propel us to that

Then we can all stick with ash and not sell our souls to the sport washing Saudis who don't allow ladies like you to sit with males at football matches
    And until recently wouldn't let you drive to a match

I'd be happy to guarantee competing between 7th and 12th for a sustained period....

I don't demand top 4 football, I expect a competitive club....

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I think it will take close to a billion pound before we are a top 4 side year in year out
    i have said that many times

we are a top 8-12 team

we are steady

we have no fear under bruce of going down

we are a striker or two away from a dcent t competitive side

we have improved this season

and a billion pound doesnt guarantee top 4
    look at manures spending

people just playing monopoly money footy

i wouldnt sell y soul to have the saudis here thats for sure
    and not for a poultry 200 mill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)