+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Israel Folau.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Personally I'm for intolerance and slaughter...
    Being serious, how can this circle ever be squared?
    Personally I think all religions are ridiculous but the reality is they are a global industry and millions of people follow their preachings no matter how outdated they might seem. Does it mean they shouldn't be allowed to say what they think though or is free speech a thing of the past now?

Free speech is a thing of the past.

Free speech is alive and well. You can say absolutely anything you want providing it doesn't offend anyone.

So best to keep us gobs shut lads n lasses.....and lads who used to be lasses and lasses who used to be lads and those which are not lads or lasses and wish to be known as........ f@ck I've forgot what they wish to be known as....

Should just have kept mi big gob shut..

The point he thinks it is irrelevant. I'm sure there's hundreds of footballers, rugby players, even general public/sports fans who think it. It's the fact he said it.
    So the message is from the rugby union. you can think it, believe it, as long as you don't say it.

Good job the church doesn't take a similar stance or there would be a lot of unemployed bishops down the Job Centre 🙂

He can say what he wants within the law, nobody has stopping him. He has the right to say what he wants.

Employers and organisations that rely on public support and customers also have a right to define what they are willing to accept within their organisation and weigh up whether they wish to employ a person who chooses to express these views that may be offensive to some of their customer base, and maybe even to the bosses themselves. They have free expression too as it is their organisation.

In short, if you hold extreme views but want to succeed in a chosen profession or organisation, find out what you can and can't say and don't say what your employers and customers don't wish to hear. If you do, it probably won't work out well for you. Seems like common sense to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12