+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh well

As far as Florist fans taking the piss at the moment I have no problems with that! It's the nature of football rivalry. I am sure Man City fans are really dishing it out to the Manure flock after decades of suffering.
    I am more concerned with why we have got ourselves into the current pile of poo. Mel is not a saint just a lifelong Ram who has used his wealth to try to take his beloved team to the next level. His achievements off the field have been exemplary eg Moor Farm and those achievements have fully prepared us for the top flight.
    However, sometimes being a fan/owner can have its drawbacks, especially in chasing the dream on the pitch, and if this is where Mel has not done so well then who are we to say we would not have done the same? There are plenty of owners who have fell into the same trap and yes some have succeeded but many have failed! It's one thing taking the piss over rivals problems but we should all remember that tomorrow is another day and the boot may be on the other foot. There is an old saying us fans should remember and it starts something like 'people in glass houses.......'
    It certainly looks like the stones are certainly flying in our direction now!!
    Let's hope Mel has got an escape clause or we may have some new away games next season!

If we have some new away games, then we might even win more than one of them

Don't get too excited Geoff, Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Accrington etal we're no match for them!!

but if Forest Green get promoted, we will at least have Forest home and away, come what may

OMG, now I am worried!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)