+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

I thought Ogbene was below par tonight tbh but still he was good enough

What about their number 22 dragging him down and then kicking him? Should have walked for that!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Happy to eat a large dollop of humble Brinny. Wood has been magnificent and made himself indispensable this season. Immense.

He won't cut it in the Championship but we will argue about that after he has lifted the League 1 champions trophy this season.

" Virgil Caine is my name....'
    Indeed pal.... . fingers crossed he gets to lift that trophy at the NYS......I'd take even sooner if they want....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What about their number 22 dragging him down and then kicking him? Should have walked for that!
    Totally agree, the kick was in frustration after the whistle had gone. Definite red card in my opinion.

Great team performance. Top save by Iversen their free kick near the end. Barlaser ran the show. Just needed that 2nd goal.

What a wonderful performance from all the team. A 1-0 thrashing it said in the Ipswich press and they were right
    2 sublime passes from Barlaser in the first half, 1 when Vassell hit the bar and the other when Adelekun should have scored.
    We are a different side when we have The Tree in the midfield and I was quite worried when Wiles came on to play alongside Barlaser but they did well.
    Ipswich are no mugs, they were top of the league and we blew them away with strength, pace and skill.
    All we have to do now is win all the remaining matches and we're up.
    Just a couple of questions one for Warne, what is wrong with Lindsay surely he was the one to bring on for Crooks. One for the referee, when does blatantly kicking an opponent off the ball warent a yellow card and not a red.

I thought the starting 11 were all great tonight. Thompson looked quality. It was a shame we had to take any of them off but tiredness set in. We were the best team for 80 mins.

We hit the bar twice and had so many opportunities were the final ball wasn't quite right and probably should have been at least 3 up by 70 mins.

I thought it was going to backfire when Wiles had the shot which was blocked by the defender. Probably should have played it to the corner flag.

Refs are so sh1t in this league. He warns about 4 of their players who could have been booked then booked us for our first foul which was no worse. It's as though he's said ' I've warned them 4 Ipswich players so you deserve to be booked'.

I actually think that the refs are that bad, Warne should abandon his honesty policy and start telling his players to go down easier and do a bit more play acting.

Very important win that one.
    After the loss at the weekend it was imperative we didn’t lose.
    We could and should have scored more.
    We need to follow it up on Saturday with another win.

We look like a well oiled machine.

Where to start with that performance.....

Ok, let me start with an admission: previously I've never been a great believer in the old adage that a team needs "time to gel". If I'm honest I thought it was somewhat of a distraction, used to excuse poor early season showings. But I've changed my mind. This set of players obviously did need that time gel. And by God, now they have, they look incredible. There is a fluency to our play the likes of which I haven't seen in years. Every player seems to know exactly what their role is.

Iverson.... cool, commanding. One top drawer save from the free kick.

Thompson.... I love this lad. Well organised and never, EVER, stops talking.

Mattock...... that is the Joe Mattock we want to see.

Icky...... getting better with maturity. Looks class with ball at feet.

Wood..... hes just magic. His belief is palpable.

Barlaser...... the pass in the first half was worth the entry fee alone. Oozes class.

Crooks...... immense. Difficult circumstances but came through.

Adelukun...... getting better and better. Quality signing.

Ogbene...... everybody's favourite. Including me.

Smith.... workhorse. Warrior. Underrated (by opposition fans). Integral to our play.

Vassell.... I've been a big critic over the years, but hes playing exceptionally well at the moment. Excellent off ball movement.

Keep it up. It's a pleasure to support this bunch.

Great win, and with our defence back in order a clean sheet too. With news of Robertson's injury in training, we urgently need to bolster the back four now, before the deadline. Likely to make a big difference to our chances of getting promoted.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast