+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Immense!

Showed why we fully deserve to sit at the top of the league tonight.

Richard Wood....or should I say Benjamin Button. That tackle in the dying minutes typified what this fantastic Captain is all about....where's IBS when you want a comment on Wood's performance tonight? I thought the entire team were just too much for Ipswich in the 2nd half.

Smith and Vassell what a formidable pairing these two are turning out to be, take note Freddie.

The rest of the team - what a unit! Even Iversen's kicking was spot on tonight, Warrington must have worked hard with him since the Posh game. MOTM for me? Well he scored a goal and Captain'd like he should have so Wood gets my nod but Barlaser came a very close second. Mr Stewart can we buy him please?

Match report from Ipswich Evening Star:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/...live-1-6486669

I thought we ran circles around them could have been a bigger win but three points and top of league so who cares?

We was like a dog with a bone with that ball

Wood was great so was every other player but did you see that save our keeper made from that free kick wow oh wow

Great performance today and deserved to win by more. We deserved our bit of luck in the end when they hit the post we had already hit the crossbar twice. Think putting on Olasunde was a mistake and invited pressure in the last few mins but I'm glad we didn't start with him because Thompson was immense. He organises the defence, is cool calm and has a long throw. Olasunde dunt have these qualities.

MOMS: All back line were immense, barlaser, Big tree and Smithy-who had no protection from ref. Everyone though were at least 8/10 players. If i had to choose only one I would go for Thommo. We must keep this lad at right back for the rest of the season

Lets get our selves another centre half for cover, have a decent run with injury probs and we can get up in the autos.

UTM.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-01-2020 at 10:43 PM.

A fabulous performance. The intensity of our pressing game for 15 minutes or so was the most impressive I have ever seen from a Millers team. My only concern, from a game management perspective was they they might not have enough in the tank to get over the line but thankfully they did.

I want to stick my neck out about another player: Adelekun. This kid is absolute quality. I just love to watch him on the ball, smooth as silk. A few signs of inexperience but this kid would still slot easily into a championship side. What really impresses me though is how quickly he has taken on the defensive duties as well. He looks as though he enjoys tracking back and covering for Mattock. A quick learner, a great football brain and not afraid to shout ad organise when people are not tracking runners.

A superb signing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    A fabulous performance. The intensity of our pressing game for 15 minutes or so was the most impressive I have ever seen from a Millers team. My only concern, from a game management perspective was they they might not have enough in the tank to get over the line but thankfully they did.

I want to stick my neck out about another player: Adelekun. This kid is absolute quality. I just love to watch him on the ball, smooth as silk. A few signs of inexperience but this kid would still slot easily into a championship side. What really impresses me though is how quickly he has taken on the defensive duties as well. He looks as though he enjoys tracking back and covering for Mattock. A quick learner, a great football brain and not afraid to shout ad organise when people are not tracking runners.

A superb signing.
    IBS, What about Captain Fantastic? Come on, just a few home truth words about Richard.....

How are they even anywhere near top?
    What a mardy bunch and even from dugout.

Fantastic 3 points
    Barlaser motm

Top of the table

Pump it up
    Last edited by millertop; 28-01-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    IBS, What about Captain Fantastic? Come on, just a few home truth words about Richard.....
    Happy to eat a large dollop of humble Brinny. Wood has been magnificent and made himself indispensable this season. Immense.

He won't cut it in the Championship but we will argue about that after he has lifted the League 1 champions trophy this season.

" Virgil Caine is my name....'

Yes regards Robertson. he's in a cast

Crooks was unplayable. Shame he was booked and Warne took him off to protect him from himself and the ref. He didn’t put a foot wrong and kept his head like a true champion. Future club captain for me.
    Woody immense
    Barlaser makes it all look so easy
    Both Ogbene’s were brilliant on the wings.
    They sprung to life with about ten mins to go and if the free kick or Norwood hitting the post had gone in it would’ve been a real kick in the balls.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast