+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Where to start with that performance.....

Ok, let me start with an admission: previously I've never been a great believer in the old adage that a team needs "time to gel". If I'm honest I thought it was somewhat of a distraction, used to excuse poor early season showings. But I've changed my mind. This set of players obviously did need that time gel. And by God, now they have, they look incredible. There is a fluency to our play the likes of which I haven't seen in years. Every player seems to know exactly what their role is.

Smith.... workhorse. Warrior. Underrated (by opposition fans). Integral to our play.
    Not by Ipswich fans. Several were drooling over him saying he's the player Ipswich are missing

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Not by Ipswich fans. Several were drooling over him saying he's the player Ipswich are missing
    Good to hear. It's nice that Smudge is getting the recognition his play deserves. I shudder at those early season memories of him playing wide left in a front 3.

Smudge is a great player. He had 2 players right on him all night last night. He rarely gets any protection from the refs because he is a big lad and the refs are quick to punish him if he sticks up for himself. He is deceptively quick and got great feet for a big lad. I think crooks suffers the same fate too cos he is a big lad. If smudge scored more goals he would be with a top club at least at championship level

Nobody has mentioned that we have done the double over the probable favourites to win the league at the start of the campaign.

They have Tom just not on this thread

We've had some memorable games down at NYS, but last night was one of the best performances.
    Sure we've won many games by more goals, but last night we beat the top of the league with pure class and determination.
    The league will be very tight this year, no one is going to win it by 10 points, but I'm sure we will be up there.
    UTM.

It was interesting watching the highlights that all the good things for us came from passes or crosses from Barlaser. What a players he is. If he plays the last 16 games or so we will have a great chance of going up.

Barlaser was my MOTM last night, never put a foot wrong all evening. Most improved player in the team since the start of the season. I saw a comment from an Ipswich fan on twitter saying that was a 1-0 thrashing, and he's spot on. We battered them in the 2nd half and it could easily have been 4-0.

Hand us the title now, save pissing about in May 🏆

Think Coventry hold all the aces. They have been rock solid all season (except Vs us) let's hope a cup run will slow em down

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Think Coventry hold all the aces. They have been rock solid all season (except Vs us) let's hope a cup run will slow em down
    Agreed. I was amazed that they have only lost three times all season. They sit a little below the top purely because they played 2 or 3 games less than those around them and have drawn a larger proportion of the games they haven’t won.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast