+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

Well we've only gone and done it. We've reached 50 points and barring exceptional circumstances I can't see us getting relegated this year, especially with the season being reduced to 44 games Back at the top again (assuming Wycombe don't score another 18 goals in the 2nd half against Blackpool) and a great bounce back after the setback on Saturday. As mentioned previously, the big guns are certainly gathering below but I think PW and the lads have proved tonight, we are the ones to beat.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 28-01-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well we've only gone and done it. We've reached 50 points and barring exceptional circumstances I can't see us getting relegated this year, especially with the season being reduced to 44 games Back at the top again (assuming Wycombe don't score another 18 goals in the 2nd half against Blackpool) and a great bounce back after the setback on Saturday. As mentioned previously, the big guns are certainly gathering below but I think PW and the lads have proved tonight, we are the ones to beat.

Thoughts?
    We edged the first half and were far the better team in the second - should have been more than 1 up when it came to the last 10 mins and Ipswich got on top. Rode luck twice but we should have been out of sight by then to be fair to us.

Immense performance from the lads, and hard to pick a weak link as we ground at them and put them under constant pressure. Mattock back to how we know he can play, Thompson was fantastic, constantly in the way and comfy on the ball when needed. With injuries early on, he's been an unseen possibly immense signing of the summer with championship potential. Both centre backs disciplined and not a foot wrong. Barlaser a class above for 80 mins, raking the passes around, Crooks the proverbial octopus - what a pair those two are when on song. And the other forwards hard working, pressing from the front.

This is a talented and on song Ipswich side that fancied their chances and be completely floored them for long periods, first 25 mins and first 35 of 2nd half. Should have been a more convincing score, but we'll take that. Just got to take heart and belief in ourselves and keep it going. The link of Mattock and Adeleken is still forming but could be immense by the way
    Last edited by CAMiller; 28-01-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Fantastic. Don’t worry about big guns. We are the big guns and the team to beat in this league.

Make no mistake about it, this was a BIG win.
    We're now back to the top and looking at the table there are still a dozen teams in the running for promotion but we're top dogs and it's in our own hands as to whether we're going up or not. Wycombe are still playing their game and they're leading so it looks like they will join us at the top on 50 points. Ipswich haven't beaten any of the top eight teams in the league all season, wow, and we've just done the double over them.

We were by far the better team and should have had a few more goals. Well done warney and team.

Some big games on Saturday ...

Ipswich T ... V ... Peterboro'
    Portsmouth ... V ... Sunderland
    Bristol R ... V .... Coventry C
    Fleetwood T ... V ... Doncaster R
    Rotherham U ... V ... Burton A

Great performance that wasn’t properly rewarded with the goals it deserved, we should have been at least 3 or 4 up on 75 minutes.

Good to see Crookes on the pitch

Watched this on iFollow. Unbearable tension, particularly in the last quarter. Massive three points and psychological boost.

We subdued the team that was, temporarily, top of the table. We won so many battles all over the pitch and showed fabulous spirit and

togetherness. Barlaser was my MoM - such silky smooth skills. Brilliant.

On my laptop the second goal looked fine; but keepers are not allowed to come into contact with an opposition player.

Onwards and upwards.

I also thought there was nothing wrong with our disallowed goal, but the referee was weak and let a lot of things go in the first half that should've seen yellow cards. There wasn't a bad performance tonight and I thought Adelakun was the man of the match.

Has any one else heard the news that Robertson has broken his foot in rehab. Apparently its from Paul Davis on twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast